• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Swart Antares

Sardocasm

cupcakes
Silver Supporting Member
I'm definitely looking forward to checking these out. Anyone have any idea on a release date?

big jilm

Beautiful! Man, I wish I still had my STR Tweed... what a great little amp. This one is droolworthy, for sure!

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
Really curious about this. My AST MkII has been my #1 tube amp for many years, but I've been playing more clean. Am I correct in guessing this amp is more about cleans & pushed cleans?

kenevil

I played one today. OMG. It was lush and percussive, took to pedals like nothing I’ve ever heard - well I tried it with a magnetic effects sola bender and it just seemed to enhance it (that’s what we want fx to do right?). I think I’ll be plonking a deposit on Tuesday!!

kenevil

Also I forgot to mention, I plugged in with my danocaster s type and I’ve not heard it sound so articulate

Serenity

I played one today. OMG. It was lush and percussive, took to pedals like nothing I’ve ever heard - well I tried it with a magnetic effects sola bender and it just seemed to enhance it (that’s what we want fx to do right?). I think I’ll be plonking a deposit on Tuesday!!
How is it's dirty side? The only demos i've seen are clean tones.

Serenity

I have a few days off at the start of the year, going to have to get out and try one. I'm interested to see how it compares to the AST Pro/Master.

Swart AST has been my dream amp for a while, and I'm finally at the place this year where I can start putting money towards it. After seeing this... I'm conflicted now. Definitely want to hear some more clips and get to a dealer to do a side by side.

SRQGuitar

Gold Supporting Member
I played one at the awesome El Diablo in NE Minneapolis last week. It has a lot of AST DNA going on. Like the AST Master with no master and a slightly smaller cab. Like an AST with a little more bottom and slightly more headroom. Same AST grind with to mounted controls and a bigger cab. It didn’t spend a lot of time but it appears to kick all of the ass.

kenevil

I
I have a few days off at the start of the year, going to have to get out and try one. I'm interested to see how it compares to the AST Pro/Master.
I tried the ast master at the same time and found it lacked the punch in the face the regular ast and Antares gave me. I thought that there was something up with the amp but the fella in the store assured me it was running as it should. I’ll also add that when I was at the store trying out the swart amps I also gave Friedman’s, bensons and dr Z’s a run and the swarts came up sounding the shiz to my ‘garage punk’ ears.

teleking36

Silver Supporting Member
Man, this amp is really speaking to me! I've been on the fence about getting a Swart for years, and this one might just push me over the edge. I'm very curious how the cleans are, and how much headroom can be pulled out of this one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom