Swart Atomic Boost

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by trwigg, Sep 10, 2008.

1. trwigg

trwigg Member

I own several Swart Amps and was thinking about buying the Atomic Boost but have never heard one. Have any of you guys ever played or heard one, if so I would love to hear a little bit about it. Thanks alot.

2. Blueser

Blueser Member

My understanding is that it is a Rangemaster Treble Booster with NOS OC44 transistors. I think there are some other similar options (Retroman Beano, or the Throback Strange Master) that give you more control over the tonal shaping than just the simple frequency shift switch on the Swart version.

Just my opinion.

3. jimmycupo

jimmycupo Member

I love mine!!! Its a rangemaster clone with the right parts! Without costing $5,000.00

4. G&L Player

G&L Player Member

Here's a demo with an AST, and Duesenberg. I have the Atomic Bosst, and it sounds really good with my AST.

5. BlkMkt

BlkMkt Member

I love the Atomic Boost. I have an AST w/the Swart 2x12 cab (greenbacks) and have been experimenting with several pedals over the past few months... Timmy, Silver Kiss, Liquid Sunshine, Blackstone Appliance. I am now down to using the Timmy and the Atomic Boost. They work VERY nicely together. I haven't tried the boost with another amp but it's magic with the AST. My tone has never, ever been this good. Rich, lush and creamy all at the same time!

6. jimmycupo

jimmycupo Member

sometimes at home i will use the swart atomic boost going into a morning dew eq(buffer off). then into a mxr distortion 3. going into a lil fender vibro champ, rich harmonics and a full fat distortion sound,just killer!

7. Notverysuttle

Notverysuttle Member

I was calling about the AST boost this week, and was recommended the RTO Boost instead. I have a super space tone and had been using a Zvex SHO through it, and I don't care for the combo, hence the Swart boost.

Anyone have any idea how the Swart stacks up against the RTO?

8. jimmycupo

jimmycupo Member

swart is a dallas rangemaster! even uses the rare vintage black mullard oc44!! it's really awesome.

9. blues54

blues54 Member

I have had the Atomic Space Boost for almost a year. I use it with my Atomic Space Tone. It sounds amazing with both 6V6's and 6L6's. I also have an Xotic BB Pre-Amp pedal, Fulltone OCD, Maxon 808, and a 92' Tube Works Tube Driver. The Atomic Boost does not color your tone. It strictly gives you more....................Great with Humbuckers and kicks your single coils to a place they usually never go. Very long battery life with this pedal.

10. jimmycupo

jimmycupo Member

my advice would be to get at least 1 atomic boost now,cause they are really starting to get popular!! they really are that good!