Swart Atomic Jr (Atom).

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SKYHIGH, Jan 26, 2012.

1. SKYHIGH

SKYHIGH Member

Own or played Swart Atomic Jr(Atom)? Speak out and share your excitement and love!

Just got one and am pretty excited as I have always been a fan of baby Swarts. In route now.

2. DoctorBob

DoctorBob Member

I have one.Pretty loud. In a quiet jam it holds it's own. If the jam heats up a bit, the 8' speaker is not enuff.I first had the Tweed 12' and then traded down for the Jr. The Tweed was sweeter toned, the Jr darker. I wanted the littler one for quieter playing at home; in retrospect I wish I would have kept the 12"er for more general applications, including playing out. Playing quiet at home especially with a strat the little one sounds nice. I couldn't get the bigger one to break up at home type low volumes (I do not use pedals) so I kept the little one.

3. SKYHIGH

SKYHIGH Member

Anyone else own one of these???

4. Richard P

Richard P Member

The Tweed (I had the original black one, modded by Swart to 2nd generation specs) just didn't have the sound I loved—the sound of the original Swart 6V6SE. I got an Atom as soon as they came out, and I've loved it. The Atom, to my ears, is more middy than the 6V6SE, so I run a Fromel Shape EQ to take some of 'em out, and that makes it perfect for me.

5. joesnewmatch

joesnewmatch Music Is My Soul Food

I picked one up about a month or so ago, after pining over Swarts for years. I could never make up my mind. Let me tell you -- I freaking love my Swart Atomic Jr. LOVE IT. I've only turned on my '66 Princeton Reverb once since it arrived. In fact, I've been playing the Swart more in the last month than I (ever) did my old Carr Mercury or Mesa Express.

It's so easy to take to a jam or lesson, sounds huge, and can give you a lot of great, usable tones. It will not do Fender clean, not by a long shot, but it will give you terrific Hi-Fi tweed tones, whether cleanish tweed, pushed, or all-out.

You should note that the tone knob isn't just a set at noon and forget -- it is totally usable from 1 to 11, and impacts the breakup.

Also, I replaced the stock JJs with NOS tubes, and it made a noticable impact on all controls, particularly the negative feedback switch. In doing so, I also replaced the GZ34 with a 5Y3, and it made the breakup come much sooner, at lower volume.

Can't say enough about Swart, or this little amp. I should have bought it long ago. Oh, it also gets along perfectly with all my guitars, even the humbuckers and P-90s, though my Stratocaster has never sounded so sweet. Hope you love yours as much as Ricard and I do!

Let us know what you think!

6. Tim Plains

Tim Plains Member

LOL at Joe for not buying one sooner.