Sweep Picking Cascading Arpeggios - Great phrasing idea for your solos!

JensL

Hi GearPatriots!

In this video I am going to go over a concept behind creating cascading arpeggio type lines like the lick play in the beginning of the video. They are a great way to use different arpeggios over a chord and add some interesting rhythms to your lines.

I have also included some exercises for the types of small sweeps that I use in the 4 licks in the video.

You can download a PDF and read the article on my blog via this link:
http://jenslarsen.nl/sweep-picking-cascading-arpeggios-upper-structure-chords/

I have been trying to change the way I go over the info in the lesson. Let me know what you think.

Hope you like it!

Jens

harry65

Thank you Harry!
You're more than welcome , it's funny because I've been working on a similar concept at home in my practice time, something I kinda lifted from John McLaughlin , I really dig the fluidity as well as the cerebral side of your playing , fantastic!!!!!

jkendrick

Great stuff. I'm not a jazz player though I've dabbled a bit. I've actually been learning these cascading arpeggios as part of the Grateful Dead instrumental Slipknot. So I've got the muscle memory down, but this is great info to help me to incorporate them into my soloing. Thanks!

JensL

Great stuff. I'm not a jazz player though I've dabbled a bit. I've actually been learning these cascading arpeggios as part of the Grateful Dead instrumental Slipknot. So I've got the muscle memory down, but this is great info to help me to incorporate them into my soloing. Thanks!
That's great! I don't really know any grateful dead stuff, maybe I should check them out sometime :)
Thanks!
Jens

Trending Topics

Top Bottom