Sweet Honey OD

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eddie knuckles, Apr 25, 2016.

1. eddie knuckles

eddie knuckles Member

So years ago, I got the Joyo $40 version of this pedal. Wow - low gainer heaven.

I saw a "real one" Saturday and went for it. Oh my bejeez!! Way more dialable gain and has this total warm tube amp love thing going on. I am so honeymooning, I removed my Euphoria from my board (for now) while I rock this. I go straight into my KOT with it up front, and wow. Any other Mad Professor fans of this spectacular pedal?

Torb likes this.
  2. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

I love my SH, and use the KoT into the SH for soloing.

3. Royce McCutcheon

Royce McCutcheon Supporting Member

The PCB version of the SHOD is one pedal I can't imagine ever getting rid of. It's so awesome and so natural sounding.

4. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

I guess you could say I'm a MP fan. I've got a Sweet Honey, LGW, Sky Blue, and a Royal Blue. All unique and all great.

5. Dr.Picklebottom

Dr.Picklebottom Member

i had the less expensive version and was impressed. really felt like an extension of each of my amps natural gain.
    great low gain dirt pedal.

6. vatore3rd

vatore3rd Gold Supporting Member

SHOD is a keeper. I have the PCB version. Works great as a way to drop the headroom of my Twin for grind at reasonable volumes. Stacks great, too.

I use these combinations to go from low/med/high gain and they are all wonderful:
    • SHOD > Twin
    • EP > SHOD > Twin
    • Beano > SHOD > Twin

7. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

I had SHOD and once I used it almost always on.. Then I tought that grass is greener on the other side and traded it for the Little green wonder. Couldn't get along without Honey variants so I got myself Bearfoot Homey beeatch which is basically sweet honey sounding overdrive with maybe a little more gain on the tap and middle and trebble replacing the Focus on sweet honey. Works well for me and I almost dial in identical tone in my Homey that I used to have with my SHOD which is just little over the edge of breakup.

One of the nicest guitar tones ever (for me) was Thinline tele (72 reissue with wide range HBs) to sweet honey to Ruby red booster to Mesa lonestar classic. Perfect gain structure with little breakup with amazing note separation and sustain.

8. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

I was a BJFe addict for awhile, still have a few but sadly, no longer have my old Honey Bee. I loved using it to goose and give some more control to my tweed Champ :D Once I got a Model G, I started using that more and foolishly sold off the HB :( Now I don't have either but I did hold on to my EGDM and SBEQ, they're not going anywhere!

9. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

Saw they were coming out with a new version that had tone controls like a Royal Blue I believe.......some NAMM video, should be out in a few months.