Sweet & Lynch

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by John 14:6, Feb 6, 2015.

1. John 14:6

John 14:6 Member

I just order the new release from Michael Sweet and George Lynch and it will be a very happy day when I find it in my mailbox. The clips I have heard are fantastic. George is one of my top three all-time players and it is sure nice to hear him backed by a great singer again. :D

2. yacht_rocker

yacht_rocker Member

I had no idea about this. They sound awesome together!

3. John 14:6

I think all of the Dokken ear fans are going to seriously dig this one.

4. Bankston

Bankston Member

I downloaded last week. It rocks.

The Revolution Saints record with Doug Aldrich, Jack Blades and Deen Castronovo is also highly recommended.

5. freedom's door

freedom's door Supporting Member

Thanks for the reminder- i'll be getting this for sure.

6. FPFL

FPFL Member

Good, solid album.
    If you liked them apart, you will definitely like them together.

I like that Sweet is taking on difficult, adult topics without being a different Stryper (though their last album was their best IMHO)

S&L... Its positive and optimistic but not a expressly religious album which I do appreciate. I think there is a decided lack of positive outlook in heavy music. The darkness of rock and metal has not entirely aged well for me. Its harder to paint in bright colors, much harder, but when you can do it right its a great reward.

George lays back on many of the tracks going for groove and taste but every so often pulls out some Mr. Scary moments. He's trying to be a guitar player more than the uber lead guitar player. Some will love this and some will be looking for more pick melting.

7. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

I listened to this for the first time on a plane ride this morning. LOVED IT!!! I really think these guys bring the best of what they do to the project, and there is definite chemistry. As much as I enjoy Stryper, I think I would like to see these guys keep this band together for a while, let's see what happens.

8. Bankston

Bankston Member

Supposedly Lynch is going to record another album with Jeff and Mick . . . with Michael on vocals. They'll rework some Dokken songs and record some new material.

9. Jimmy B

Jimmy B Member

I really like this album. Sweet and Lynch work very well together.

10. soulohio

soulohio Member

11. Hammered

Hammered Supporting Member

Ive been listening to this for the last week , took a few listens but I`m really digging it. Over the last year George has put out KXM , a new Lynch Mob cd and now this. The man gets it done

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  12. Bob Maximus

Bob Maximus Silver Supporting Member

I have always liked Sweet's voice. Lynch sounds great here. Love his studio tones. The songs sound inspiring. I will check this out. Those videos don't do this music any justice though.

13. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

Wow, they sound really good together. Thanks for posting this, I had no idea they were collaborating.

14. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

Wow, Great sounding. Love the guitar work. Pretty 80's vocals though!

15. John 14:6

Fans should buy this record to help support and encourage this project. If so, maybe we can get some tour dates along with some more music from these guys. I love this kind of stuff and I hope Sweet & Lynch can have some success like the Winery Dogs did.

16. soulohio

soulohio Member

I just checked out a few Stryper tunes on YT.. Michael is singing his tail off especially on Sympathy. As one YT poster noted, Oz Fox is relegated to guitar stand duty.. shame. I always liked the guy;s playing. One thing... the mix sounds kinda strange... it may well be the Robert and Michael show but they should have let someone else mix it or told the lads to have a week in Hawa'ii while the producer turned the little knobs.... I am sorta digging Michael's flying V... a Jackson?

17. Frank Prince

Frank Prince Member

I LOVE this new record. I was never really a big Stryper fan, but Sweet is a great singer. I love where George is at with his playing and tone. Also, Brian Tichy is a BEAST on drums. Probably my favorite newer rock drummer.

18. John 14:6

I was never a big Stryper fan at all, but Sweet sure does sound great with Lynch. Dokken is my all-time favorite band so it would be hard for me to not love this record. This sounds more like old Dokken than anything Lynch has done in years.

19. soulohio

soulohio Member

what is interesting (or irritating) to me as that G Lynch is at the point in his career that he is recognized as a world class shredder and he still feels the need to do this one dimensional pablum. When does George show the world what kind of musician he is...or isn't? Nobody is gonna hear this stuff facing off with Pink or Taylor or whatthewhoever on radio or where ever one hears this stink.. George, just admit it...or go for it...

20. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Supporting Member

I don't want George doing any more experimental crap like, as he described "Lynch Biscuit." He's back in his wheelhouse and I for one, am glad. Seems to have worked rather well for bands like AC/DC and Iron Maiden, who don't seem terribly interested in competing with Taylor Swift for radio play.

On a related note, Sweet's voice has aged quite well. A natural fit for George's grooves.