Sweet, Snarling, Almost Meowing Live Les Paul Action

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Echo Are, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Echo Are

Echo Are Member

...and the Les Paul clips just keep on comin' :dude. Here's another solo I let loose at another blues jam last night. Again, it's my Lester Faded Yellow Special straight into my PV Bravo 112's clean channel. I'm using the bridge pickup(498T humbucker), though, with the tone rolled down halfway. Ya don't wanna get ice-picky, folks. Enjoy!

http://www.box.net/public/e01ts13ppk

2. bluesforstevie

bluesforstevie Member

3. Echo Are

Echo Are Member

Thanx, bluesforstevie.

I really like your converted Les Paul clips, BTW. Excellent tones.

4. Guitar Dave T

Guitar Dave T Member

Living In The Palace Of The King, Big D of DFW
    Nice. Great growl. Peavey? Solid state? Very in-your-face, tube-like sound, not what I remember from Peaveys I played in the 70's at all.

5. Echo Are

Echo Are Member

Hi, Guitar DaveT. Thanx for the tone compliment. BTW, my Bravo 112 is tube, 2 X EL84 and 3 X 12AX7. They were made in the early-'90s. One of the great sleeper tube amps of the last 20 years. You can get 'em in really good shape for around $200.00 these days.

Incidentally, I used to have an early-'70s metal-knob PV Classic "half-n-half", 2 X 12, solid-state except for 2 6L6s for the power amp. Wish I'd kept that rig. I changed the speakers out for re-issue Jensen C12Ns. Got some cool, down-n-dirty blues tones outta that thing.