• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Sweet Sound Electronics update!

TheGrooveking

Just wanted to let you guys know that I just got off the phone with Barb Sweet, Bob's wife. As I've listed before Sweet Sound Electronics is still going, matter of fact they started shipping Mojo Vibes again, with more than a dozen going out this week. The fuzzes will be a little while, but they'll be back too, as will the Ultra Vibe II.

Bob had told me that for more than the last 2-3 years the Barb is one who has been assembling all of the Vibes and Fuzzes. I know some may think that with Bob being gone they won't be the same, wrong, as Bob said, the tone is designed in. Bob worked very hard and long to develop his pedals to produce stellar tone and to do so consistently pedal to pedal.

So if you guys have been wanting to get a vibe and thought that a Sweet Sound Vibe was not available, think again, they are still available. So contact one of their dealers listed on their website.

http://www.sweetsound.com

TheGrooveking

PS,

Down the road a bit there will be some other new products that Bob designed coming out, so stay tuned.

Marc Roy

That's great news! I've wanted a Mojo Vibe for a while, and when I heard of Bob's untimely passing, I too thought it was over. Bob built a great company, and it's wonderful that his wife is keeping it going.

erksin

That is so great to hear - I wish them all the continued and deserved success!

Will the Mo Faux still be available?

strings2wood

Gold Supporting Member
Prayers of Support to Barb,
and Prayers of Thanks for Bob.

Many here (including myself who has never met Bob or Barb)

and are with her in Spirit, Best Wishes and Kindest Regard.

stuey222

This is great news! I've been wanting one for a while and didn't know what to do after Bob passed. I want to thank Barb so much for doing this and hope I will have a Mojo Vibe shortly!

Jacobpaul81

Very good news. When Bob got sick, the prices on these skyrocketed. The first were to raise money for Bob, but later people just cranked up the prices to make more dough. It was pretty sad to watch. Personally, I'd always wanted to try one and spoke to Bob on several occasions about them, but I just wasn't fiscally able at the time. When he grew sick, I worried I'd missed my chance. Good to hear they will continue to be produced, and I'm happy to hear his family will be behind it.

StompBoxBlues

Very good news. When Bob got sick, the prices on these skyrocketed. The first were to raise money for Bob, but later people just cranked up the prices to make more dough. It was pretty sad to watch. Personally, I'd always wanted to try one and spoke to Bob on several occasions about them, but I just wasn't fiscally able at the time. When he grew sick, I worried I'd missed my chance. Good to hear they will continue to be produced, and I'm happy to hear his family will be behind it.
I'm also very glad to hear this. And I totally believe that, since the parts and design, the setting and testing are totally able to teach another, etc. that the new Mojo vibes will be just as good as the old ones.

That said. It was a very sad thing about Bob. I liked him very much, he was always helpful and super friendly and generous with his insight.
But, it's human nature that the prices go up on things when they are perceived (wrongly in this case) to be suddenly limited. I don't want to start a big argument, but just give another viewpoint which is, people pay a little or a lot extra for boutique handmade pedals. Which is fine, but if a person has a Mojo and something like this happens, and say they have their eye on some other pedal, does anyone really expect them to just ask what they paid for it? I sure don't. Or that they should hold on to it in memory of the person?

I have a Mojo vibe that I love, but I also am nuts about my KR vibe. Currently I don't much even use vibes, but I like them a lot. It never crossed my mind to sell my Mojo when this happened, but not because I am some kind of saint, but just that I know I would regret it.

But I don't think it is sad that the prices went up, if you think about it is is "greedy" sure, in the sense the whenever one sells something they want the most they can "reasonably" get, and reason drops out when tragedy like this happens. In one sense, you could say that it is a tribute to Bob Sweet and his product.

What happened to Stradivarius violins when he died? If they stayed the same price, wouldn't it be a slap in the face, ultimately, saying "well...they won't be making more of those, but hey...they were only worth what he sold them for I won't pay more"?

And again, it was a wrong assumption. The design, the parts choice, and the assembly, setting of, and testing is the thing and Bob did that, after that it sounds like he taught how to continue it and with electronics, I am positive the new ones will sound just like the old ones do.

todd richman

That is terrific news. Big thanks to Barb for keeping Bob's legacy of amazing products, and in turn, his memory alive for many years to come.

esoteric pete

Silver Supporting Member
bob had mentioned this to me too, that barb had been making the mojo's for a while, and that was almost 2 years ago.

so the people that try to sell their mojovibe's for $375+....guess what...barb probably made it.

i wish her the best of luck moving forward, my heart goes out to her, and a great deal of respect as well. Bob made his mark is made on the gear community and as said countless times before, he will be greatly missed. im glad that barb plans to keep it going.

Godspeed64

R.I.P Bob! He left the music world with great innovations, taking guitarists by force. Now, it's up to us to live his legacy by purchasing his ideas!
No Chinese fakes please!

iggs

Fantastic news! It is great that Barbara will be able to continue the business and keep making all the wonderful pedals Bob started. I wish her and her family all the best!

analogmike

Platinum Supporting Member
That is great, the people who ordered them a while back directly from Sweet Sound will be really happy when they show up. :)

Best to order direct from them so that the Sweet's get maximum benefit, she must still have a lot of bills to pay off.

LowWatt

I was planning to get a vibe in the new year and this seals it. I know where I want my money going. Looks like I'll be getting a brand new Barb-built model.

maxwellsmart

Before Bob got sick, he was working on a Univox Univibe clone. Same enclosure, footpedal, etc, with his purple touches.
Sadly, this will not see the light of day, but at the time he was sure gassed up over doing a limited number.

Trending Topics