Sweet Sound MoFaux

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Great King Rat, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Great King Rat

Great King Rat Member

I'm looking into picking one up. I was wondering how does unit play Humbuckers and a screaming 18 watter?

Your latest take on this pedal is needed to close the deal for me. I've been reading a lot on MagicBoy, Microvibe, etc. However, I think this is the unit to have.

Thanks.

2. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

Love mine w/buckers (GMP Roxie SS) into Matchless Clubman w/OCD. sounds killer anyway you have it set & small footprint to boot! Get it.

3. Great King Rat

Great King Rat Member

It is good to know it has head room. Most sound samples for vibes and phasers use only the clean side of the amp. Therefore, you do not know how it will sound with a wall of OD.

Any cons to this unit?

Anyone has one that might want to part with? I do not mind saving few bucks.

PM me if you have.

4. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I just got mine last week, but I've been using it with with a Tophat Club Royale and a Les Paul (just around the house so far). It sounds great, and I prefer it a ton over the Magicboy Vibe I had. I used to have a Voodoo Labs Microvibe with the photocells and I think that one sounded just a little thicker and swampier, but I'd still go with the MoFaux based on sound and features.

5. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

Here's a clip that has both. Well almost, the clean isn't really that clean.

http://www.sweetsound.com/Audio/MoFauxVibe/MoFauxVibe3.mp3

6. burningyen

burningyen Gold Supporting Member

I love mine but have only used it with single coils so far. Re the cons, obviously it has fewer controls than the bigger vibe units. No other cons I can think of.

7. Great King Rat

Great King Rat Member

Another question,

Is this pedal true bypass?

8. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

9. Austin AL

Austin AL Supporting Member

It is true bypass, and a whole lot of fun, especially if you have a small board.

10. reverber8

reverber8 Member

I've got one and I dig it. Absolutely a winner in the small footprint/bang for the $!! I find it sounds the best 1st in the pedal chain.

11. thebot

thebot Member

I love mine with humbuckers. Just finished using it with my Les Paul Studio, fantastic sound.