Sweetwater Amp purchase...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by donthasslethehoff, Feb 27, 2012.

1. donthasslethehoff

donthasslethehoff Member

Ordered a Super Champ X2 from sweetwater this evening.....called to see if they could beat a competitors price....they didn't beat it, but matched it, plus the free 2 year warranty stuff...good enough for me....

Saleman was very nice, and actually used to live in my town...funny....sent me an email with his personal contact info for future service and questions about purchases....also sent a couple pics oF HIS new amp!!! lol

just a passing along positve experience with Sweetwater...that is all...Mike

2. capt4inslow

capt4inslow Member

AND THEY GIVE YOU CANDY!!!!

I love buying stuff from Sweetwater.

(I don't remember if they put candy in my amp box, but for everything else they sure do..)

3. KidArchitect

KidArchitect Member

Yeah the sales folks from Sweetwater are super nice. And very helpful.

They'll even email or call - just randomly - to see how you're doing, what's new in the music world, etc.

Every Birthday/Christmas my family knows - time to call our sales rep at sweetwater

4. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Supporting Member

Yeah I love ordering from Sweetwater. Great prices, friendly people, and the ProGear catalog is awesome. I always give them first shot when I am ordering new gear.

I just ordered a Visual Sound Open Road and a Way Huge Red llama. Both are found all over for $119.00 each. Sweetwater did $200 for both with free shipping. Done.

5. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I like Sweetwater except when they call me or e-mail me randomly. I will call them when I need something.

I have had good luck with them, they helped me track down some parts for my Church's Fender Basses that needed new tuners.

On a strange note, most of what I have bought from Sweetwater has been sold. For me it seems that the gear I buy new is more likely to get sold than the gear I buy used. Not really sure why that is....

6. Skiptrip

Skiptrip Supporting Member

My experience with SweetWater has been different than some of those above. Their prices are high, but they claim to provide better service than stores like MF. However, when my MXR wha went bad in less than 45 days, they refused a product replacement (insisting on a repair in house). Instead, I had Dunlop do a quick warranty repair with the correct parts...and it works perfectly again. So, I'll never fall for the SW hype again. You can get a 30 day return policy almost anywhere...without the hassle of asking SW to price match all the time.

7. cbguy

cbguy Green & Gold Supporter

I've had good experiences with Sweetwater, also. Jeff is the man.