Sweetwater Fender American Professional Strat

SFW

Has anyone bought one of the Sweetwater American Professional Strats? Looking at the one with the roasted maple neck and the CS69 pickups. If so, I would love to hear what you though of the guitar. I am seriously considering a rosewood board model.

TimH

Supporting Member
So it’s about $180 upcharge for different colors and pickups and a roasted neck? Yup, it’s a good deal if you’re looking to buy new.

Personally I never do that and roasted maple necks are available on other FSR guitars. Pickups are an easy swap.

Your call mate!

Machew

Has anyone bought one of the Sweetwater American Professional Strats? Looking at the one with the roasted maple neck and the CS69 pickups. If so, I would love to hear what you though of the guitar. I am seriously considering a rosewood board model.
Im selling mine on CL right now. Its a fine guitar just dont like 9.5 radius necks.

Cali234

I believe they also come with jumbo frets too so that's something to consider. I had the regular pro strat for a little bit but couldn't get along with the pickups, sounded harsh to me.

ndtealmusic

I believe they also come with jumbo frets too so that's something to consider. I had the regular pro strat for a little bit but couldn't get along with the pickups, sounded harsh to me.
I generally have disliked the Pro pickups too. Vastly preferred the fat '50s from the Standards, in fact I think the only positive change was the neck profile.

But yes, I'd pay the upcharge for a roasted maple neck and '69 pickups. They're likely changes I'd make myself eventually anyway and for a substantially smaller upcharge up front, yeah...

dachuckster

Supporting Member
I really like mine with the stock pickups. I wouldnt sell it for the world. I might change the pickup covers and knobs for black ones. I was glad the bridge pup came wired to a tone pot. I have one with Duncan ssl-1's and another with fat 50's. Different flavor.

Windup 43

I really like mine with the stock pickups. I wouldnt sell it for the world. I might change the pickup covers and knobs for black ones. I was glad the bridge pup came wired to a tone pot. I have one with Duncan ssl-1's and another with fat 50's. Different flavor.

I have the same one but with a maple board, but I did swap out the cream colored plastics for a blackout look...otherwise stock, I like the V mod pups just fine too.

SFW

Yes, I am aware of the jumbo frets. Those are actually a preference for me. How do the CS69 pickups compare to the Fat 50s or the 57/62s?

jpleines

I love mine! Roasted maple neck, cs69 pickups, ash. Best sounding strat! It did need a good setup, though, by a local luthier to get the bridge adjusted properly.

Mangy71

Yes, I am aware of the jumbo frets. Those are actually a preference for me. How do the CS69 pickups compare to the Fat 50s or the 57/62s?
I agree about the jumbo frets. I wish the limited edition Strat that I just bought had jumbos.

Trending Topics