Sweetwater let down...

Tjspahr1

Let me start by saying that I've never had an issue with Sweetwater, and this certainly isn't my salesman's fault.

I ordered a demo Fishman TriplePlay on a Monday, and had it Tuesday. I knew I wouldn't be able to install it until the weekend, so tried Friday (today), to start the install process...which begins by downloading Fishman's software. Which needs a registration code. Which Sweetwater did include.

Since it was after 5 when I called Fishman/Sweetwater, I don't know if it will be rectified until Monday. Not the worst thing in the world, just bothersome that I have to wait another week before having the ability to install the unit.

:mad:

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
Huh? Is part of your story missing? What’s wrong?

Regardless, you’re mad that Sweetwater isn’t opened on the weekend? Weak.
Sweetwater is open on the weekend. I recently placed an order with my salesman on a Saturday.

@Tjspahr1 call tomorrow and it’ll get sorted out. If your salesman isn’t there I guarantee someone in customer service will take care of you. Right, @SirGilmour ? ;)

Tjspahr1

Let me start by saying that I've never had an issue with Sweetwater, and this certainly isn't my salesman's fault.

I ordered a demo Fishman TriplePlay on a Monday, and had it Tuesday. I knew I wouldn't be able to install it until the weekend, so tried Friday (today), to start the install process...which begins by downloading Fishman's software. Which needs a registration code. Which Sweetwater did include.

Since it was after 5 when I called Fishman/Sweetwater, I don't know if it will be rectified until Monday. Not the worst thing in the world, just bothersome that I have to wait another week before having the ability to install the unit.

Ok, I see what's causing the confusion...

The codes for the software WERE NOT included. So I can't download any of the software/drivers for the unit.

With respect to being open, Yep they're open on the weekend. Heck, they're open as I write this. The problem is Fishman is closed, so they probably won't be able to fix this until Monday.

Like I said in the original post, no issue with my salesman. I just wish Sweetwater had been a little more careful in putting this up for sale and made sure everything needed to operate it, in this case the codes to download the necessary software, were included. Hey, I just have to wait a week...

Vhailor

Supporting Member
Considering the ubiquity of smart phones, which enables people to be tethered to their jobs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, there is never any reason not to immediately call about any problem, at any hour of the day or night.

And that's not even taking into account the fact that Sweetwater loves talking to their customers!

rollyfoster

Supporting Member
Nick sounds dumb.

I’ve not once ever seen a software registration or any other kind that is held separately by a third party

otter5555

i'm on the phone with sweetwater right now trying to find a gibson guitar that fedex has lost

Vhailor

Supporting Member
Nick sounds dumb.

I’ve not once ever seen a software registration or any other kind that is held separately by a third party
No, not really. That a registration code could be on a piece of paper in the retail box would not be unusual. That a store manager, wanting to insure that the piece of paper with the code is not stolen or copied (by, as an example, someone with a cell phone) therefore puts the piece of paper in a "safe place" is far from being unimaginable.

Trending Topics