Sweetwater now selling Fulltone????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RJM/rydog2223, Apr 21, 2008.

1. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

Just got my new Sweetwater gear guide today and notice they are now selling Fulltone???!!! Kind of takes away the boutique vibe from them IMHO. Anybody else see this?? Thoughts??
    :band

2. TinFoilHat

TinFoilHat Member

This happened a couple months ago and I think it's cool that you can order fulltone products and get free shipping as well as a competitive price. Just my 2 cents.

3. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

+1. No loss of mystique in my book. Kelley goes through Musicians Friend now too.

4. Lt_Core

Lt_Core Supporting Member

Totally agree! Making great products available to more people. I noticed that today in the new Pro Gear catalog, too.

Of course, it can't be great unless there's a 5 month waiting period yielding in a pedal with hand-scribbled marker descriptions above the knobs...LOL! Just kidding, cork-sniffers!!!!

5. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

I would just hope that Fulltone is not rushing to get pedals out the door to fill a bunch of orders and the quality goes down. I guess it was only a matter of time though as with most good companies.

6. Lt_Core

Lt_Core Supporting Member

Good point. If the quality is the same, and I'm guessing Mike would make sure that would happen, then more power to Fulltone for selling more pedals.

7. edwinhong

edwinhong Member

what about zvex now at the guitar center

8. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

This is the same kind of thing Indie music lovin' kids say when they're favorite bands (whom only a select few are cool enough to have access too) break into a larger market. Classic hipster. I think it's wonderful. Now, everyday doods who aren't Gear Pagers can run across Fulltone stuff at Sweetwater and in some Guitar Centers. No brainer for me.

9. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

Whaaaa????:crazy

10. cochese

cochese Supporting Member

The other plus is that most bigger chains have fairly liberal return policies like 30 days. I always find it a drag to buy from certain dealers where there is a restock charge if you return something or you get 2 days to try it. Sometimes I need a little time to see if something will work for me or not. It's not like any of the GC's I've been to have tons of Fulltone gear. I think it's just select stores. Sam Ash in NYC has Keeley pedals.

11. parns2112

parns2112 Member

Fulltone Quality + Sweetwater Service = AWESOME

12. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

it lets us try it first..thats great cause now some builders and buyers cant go off hype? try it out and see for yourself..it raises everyones bar..

i wish even more smaller pedal companies that kind of distribution.

some people just want to be this guy..in this movie..get over yourselves..

[​IMG]

13. michaelvincent

michaelvincent Member

Until I got here I never realized there was such a big world outside of Boss/Line6/etc. If someone can get a Sweetwater catalog or walk into a Guitar Center and get exposed to some of the really great indie pedal makers out there then that's a good thing. I will never fault a small company for breaking into a bigger market or making a better living doing what they love to do, and do best.

As long as the quality doesn't take a dive, that is.

14. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Nicely said.

15. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I was thinking the same thing. Cranky as he may or may not could be :eek:, I love seeing an indy make it and start to get big. I say good luck to him, and it is exiting to see.

16. madscientist

madscientist Member

I'm almost positive that I'll always have an OCD on my board, so the ability to pick one up at Sweetwater is a great opportunity for both Fuller and the rest of us. I prefer Sweetwater to any of the other big name companies and I'm quite happy to be able to go through them if I want a backup.

17. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

yes..let the entire world have OCD's...if you cant play,you cant play.

plus if these as we all think "better pedals" can help inspire more playing,better tone..bands to sound better on,on...im all for it:AOK

18. KCWM

KCWM Member

Hmm. Maybe I won't sell my BOR to pick up an OCD. I will just order the OCD and deal with the return policy if I don't like it.

19. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

I dig what you guys are saying about good prices and what not but the quality will be the key. Until then I will just be this guy in this movie; )

20. eyeball987

eyeball987 Member

There is a long thread about this on here somewhere. Zvex himself answered the question. 55 stores and only the Vexter BOR and Fuzz Factory.