• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sweetwood Guitars...GAS inducing to say the least!

BMF Effects

Great tone made simple.
Gold Supporting Member
I am in the area on vacation and Glenn from Sweetwood Guitars was kind enough to invite me over for a visit. Simply stunning work.

:bow

The Comet is one of those guitars that just feels right from the get go, I didn't want to put it down. No hype, Glenn's stuff is absolutely worth looking into. He's got two (a light and dark honeyburst) that I'm thinking about selling a kidney for. :D

eliot1025

Silver Supporting Member
I've played 5 or 6 six of them - fantastic necks, first rate workmanship all around and they sound excellent. It's a real custom shop, too - lots of options. They used to make a T style guitar that I've been obsessing over for months. I don't see it on their site now, though.

Sweetwood

I've played 5 or 6 six of them - fantastic necks, first rate workmanship all around and they sound excellent. It's a real custom shop, too - lots of options. They used to make a T style guitar that I've been obsessing over for months. I don't see it on their site now, though.
Thanks for the compliments!

I took the "Sweet-T" off the site. I'm thinking of putting them up in a "Limited Edition" section...but those are really not what I'm all about. I hate copying other designs. ...and with that being said, I have a JR DC style that I'm working on. Funny, guitar players like being unique and all that, but they tend not to buy something that they haven't seen before...that is my largest business obstacle.

stuco

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard of them before but I really like that comet model. I think you have come up with a very handsome and original design there. I will definately keep you in mind when I get another nice electric.

Sweetwood

One other thing for all you LA folks...We'll be exhibiting at the LA Amp Show this coming weekend Oct 2-3. I'm sharing space with Tonic Amps (another great amp shop). Coming by on Saturday will be 15 year old phenom Cole Citrenbaum...one of my endorsed artists. He's one of the best musicians and raw talents I've ever heard - EVER. His playing is very tasteful and melodic...way ahead of his years.

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
One other thing for all you LA folks...We'll be exhibiting at the LA Amp Show this coming weekend Oct 2-3. I'm sharing space with Tonic Amps (another great amp shop). Coming by on Saturday will be 15 year old phenom Cole Citrenbaum...one of my endorsed artists. He's one of the best musicians and raw talents I've ever heard - EVER. His playing is very tasteful and melodic...way ahead of his years.

Looking forward to checking em out in person finally!

Sweetwood

@DougK - YES! Looking forward.

Thanks everyone else for taking time to check out my guitars. I know one of you is an owner, and thanks double for that.

RickC

The Comet is one of those guitars that just feels right from the get go, I didn't want to put it down. No hype...
I'd have to agree with this. I've got one of the test drive guitars in the house right now. It's almost impossible to put down. It plays like a dream and sounds great in all positions. I think the name Sweetwood is quite apt, because it really does sound sweet. It's one of those guitars that starts to make everything else you own seem almost obsolete. No hype

/rick

Sweetwood

I'd have to agree with this. I've got one of the test drive guitars in the house right now. It's almost impossible to put down. It plays like a dream and sounds great in all positions. I think the name Sweetwood is quite apt, because it really does sound sweet. It's one of those guitars that starts to make everything else you own seem almost obsolete. No hype

/rick
Wow!!! Can I put this on my website?

Anyway, I did a quick little video with my 2011 spec'd Comet Custom and the pickup options (It's pretty rough and thin sounding with the camera mic) but hopefully you get the picture:

Axemeister

I love seeing these great Sweetwood axes getting some recognition.. Awesome guitars...

I have a Walnut Comet, and if I am lucky, Glenn will bring me my new Redwood Comet this weekend when he is in L.A... right Glenn??

Sweetwood

I love seeing these great Sweetwood axes getting some recognition.. Awesome guitars...

I have a Walnut Comet, and if I am lucky, Glenn will bring me my new Redwood Comet this weekend when he is in L.A... right Glenn??
I was going to surprise you...can't slip anything by;)

elvisofnazareth

Just took my comet on Tour. Sounded great in every room. Stayed in tune perfectly. Even outdoors on some Colorado Ski Resort gigs. Awesome.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom