• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sold Sweetwood Meteor one-off prototype, flame walnut, ~6.5 lbs.!

Beakertwang

$1450 shipped. I have a like new Reunion Blues gig bag that I could include for an additional $150.

This is a Sweetwood Meteor prototype. According to Glenn, it started as a Comet, but had a flaw of some sort, so he reshaped it by hand. It was his personal guitar for a time. The shape and carve differs some from the production model, but the neck joint is the same. Very fun guitar to play! I describe it as a preteen child of a Les Paul and SG. :D

Excellent condition. There are a couple small indentations on the top that can't be caught in a pic, and a couple nicks on the back edge, right by the strap peg. Other than that, normal light play wear. Frets show very little wear.

Specs:
*24.625" scale
*Sapele body, chambered
*Flame walnut top with some carve
*Mahogany neck. Smallish. Might be asymmetrical, but I've never verified this. Feels terrific!
*Ebony fretboard
*Roadhouse (Portland) mini humbuckers
*Hipshot bridge and tuners
*Flushmount Dunlop straplocks (I'll include a set of strap attachments if you need them)

I am possibly interested in trades, but mostly if it would include significant cash on your end. However, I'm always open to a deal.

Top trade interests:
-Eastman E10OM or E20OM in sunburst (or other small body sunburst acoustics)
-Eastman T386 or T486 (or other 335-types)
-5-string P/J bass (active/passive a plus)
-Reverend or Gretsch--Bigsby is a plus.
-offsets, cheap quirky things, etc.
-as far as straight trades--Nash, Grosh, K-line, etc. could interest me.
-Or shoot me an offer. I might say yes.

[/URL]
[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Last edited:

bigolsparky

A shout out for this guitar brand. If you haven't played one, they are pretty amazing. I just traded a Sweetwood Leopard for a Sweetwood Comet Superlite. The build quality of these guitars is amazing.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom