• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Switch Craft Straight Toggle Replacement- help on middle postion

Bluejas

Hello. I replaced my toggle on my 335 with a new straight short shaft toggle from Switchcraft-same type as the existing one I am replacing-its not the angled type with the deep nut. I soldered the wires back in the same position. In the middle position I am only getting the neck pickup-no bridge. Otherwise the neck and bridge are working correctly in the right positions. This is my first attempt on changing this type of switch. Do both of the terminals on the output lugs need to be bent inward and making contact before soldering the output wire through/to them? Otherwise it looks like its just bridge, neck and ground on the other 3 terminals on the other end. I'm stumped. Thanks ahead for any help!

T Dizz

if they are not touching, make sure they are, the output wire, and the 2 bent inward lugs all need to make contact with each other. I usually loop the output wire through the holes in the lugs and drop some solder on there so everything is together.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
Do both of the terminals on the output lugs need to be bent inward and making contact before soldering the output wire through/to them?
touching each other or not, they both just need to be soldered.

since each pickup is working by itself, i suspect you have a mechanical connection problem, the leaves of the switch not touching each other properly when the switch is in the middle. you need to look closely at the switch and maybe bend some of the leaves so they contact properly.
(of course this has to happen on a 335 :bonk)

Bluejas

touching each other or not, they both just need to be soldered.

since each pickup is working by itself, i suspect you have a mechanical connection problem, the leaves of the switch not touching each other properly when the switch is in the middle. you need to look closely at the switch and maybe bend some of the leaves so they contact properly.
(of course this has to happen on a 335 :bonk)
Thanks-I will take a look a the blades and contact points. Yeah its kind of a pain with the limited access. It also appears there is not enough extra wire length on one of the pickup jumpers to rotate the switch to the correct angle. Figured that out after I soldered the new switch up and went to mount it back to the body. One wire is maybe a 1/2" too short. So much for the easy switch swap. Ha.

Trending Topics