switchazel buffer a problem with fuzz?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by steve gray, Feb 22, 2009.

1. steve gray

steve gray Member

I am considering buying a divided by 13 Switchazel. Since it is buffered, i was wondering if it would work fine with fuzz pedals? I do not use my volume control on my guitar, so thats not the issue, i was just wondering in general, will effect the tone of the fuzz pedals?

2. steve gray

steve gray Member

3. Bowa41

Bowa41 Member

I've been using a switchazel between the 2 channels of my black cat, and have an analogman sunface at the front of my chain...haven't had any problems with it so far. That's my only fuzz, so not sure if others may cause an issue.

4. steve gray

steve gray Member

well the switchazel would be first in line and then my pedals.

5. aaronweits

aaronweits Member

what about putting it at the end?

6. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

It depends on which fuzz we're talking about. A fuzz face-style circuit wants to "see" the guitar directly, so any buffered pedals would have to go after it. Other fuzz pedals may not be that picky, so just try it out either way - you'll know instantly if the fuzz pedal doesn't like the buffer.

/Andreas