switchbone or headbone???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Igneous, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Igneous

Igneous Supporting Member

I cant decide!!!!!!

Unadan likes this.
  2. Den

Den Member

The Headbone is designed when using two amp heads with one cabinet. The Switchbone is used for switching two separate amps and speaker set-ups ... whether head + cab, or combo. I use the Switchbone for my Rambler/Tomcat rig and it works perfectly. Great built-in boost also. Highly recommended!

Unadan likes this.
  3. Igneous

so, I cant use the headbone to use more than one cab?

Unadan likes this.
  4. Igneous

I think then switchbone is it for me. THX!!!

Unadan likes this.
  5. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

Hey there, do you understand how these are totally different devices? What are you needing to do?

1) IF it's to switch between 2 amps (i.e. 2 combos or 2 stacks ) then you want the Switchbone.

2) If it's to switch 2 AMPS into 1 cabinet , then it's the HEadbone

3) If it's to switch 1 AMP into 2 cabinets then it's the Cabbone.

They're all very different devices. If you knew this, NEVERMIND, but if not, hopefully this helped. Have a good one

ERIC

Unadan likes this.
  6. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

And if you want two heads into two cabs (with only one pair live at any time) you need both a Headbone and a Cabbone. Now, altogether:
    "The headbones connected to the cabbone, the..."

thesooze, Abram4235 and Unadan like this.
  7. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

If each head is going into both cabs etc.. .OTherwise just need a Switchbone for that situation! lol. .. ERIC

Unadan likes this.
  8. Igneous

Hahaha...nice. Well I guess my intention was to run two heads through one 2x12 and one 4x12 but even maybe two heads through the 4x12. Obviously, this is unpractical to lug around anyhow. But its fun to do anyhow...

Cheers-Ig

Unadan likes this.
  9. thelionsden

thelionsden Member

Somewhere near the Rock and Roll "Hole of Flames"
    And if you want to do it all and then some with one box, check this one out...

http://soundsculpture.com/products/headtrip.htm

Unadan likes this.
  10. forallofusPLENTY

forallofusPLENTY Member

I access a Kingsley Constable or Kingsley Maiden (d) or the preamps of my Marshall vintage/modern combo or mesa boogie express 525 combo through a voodoolabs HEX true bypass switcher

this allows me to select different preamps and hit different poweramp/speaker combinations

it's a pretty efficient way to achieve what I believe yer aiming to achieve (w combos though not 4 x 12's) and I always have a back up amp this way in case of amp failure at a critical juncture

I utilize a rivera rock crusher reactive attenuator to push the kt66 tubes in the marshall VM and use its' 1/4' direct line out to hit strymon stereo fx (and the FRONT of a fender 68 custom deluxe r.i.) and use an adaptor to run from the XLR line out to a tuner

I could always add a 4 x 12 cab if i had one, but w d 3 amps I have 4 12" spkrs

live i lose d fender and run a 2 amp wet/dry system

I luvs me treblebooster (shanks 3 k), fuzzface (FUZZPHRASE) and biggmuff (Cornish G2) ccts out front of d preamp selected as well as a Kingsley JESTER, Jan Ray and/or Cornish CC1 if required

so fortunate to have such splendid toys...

it's a GOLDEN AGE for achieving good TONE

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017