Switched from iPhone to Droid... music app recs please

jdogric12

Hey gang. I finally divorced iPhone and hooked up with a nice new Samsung Galaxy S7. I'm keeping my late-2011 MacBook Pro at home, so I'll still have iTunes as an option, although I'd like to find a new source for making music purchases that I can't get on bandcamp. I see there is a Google Play store of some sort. Of course, I also want a good way to get the files between computer and phone. The Android File transfer app on Mac sucks, imho. Recommendations please. Thanks! J

stimpson

music transfer = not a fan of iTunes. i just drag and drop using the file system on my laptop

music downloads = amazon to download rare albums. it's cheap and convenient

slybird

I favorite player is Phonograph. Google Play is good, just not my fav. I've never used my phone to purchase music so I really can't comment.

If you are into podcasts I highly recommend Podcast Addict. I really think it's the best out there.

I have a ton of free storage space online and more data allotment than I ever use. For file transfer I do almost everything on the net. I'll use USB, micro SD, or Bluetooth, but only if the net isn't available.

You will find a ton of player suggestions in this Reddit thread:

jdogric12

I suppose I should add that I only have 3GB/mo, so I'm not into non-wifi streaming. I plan to get a MicroSD card for 128GB storage on the phone.

Neutron. thats the only music player I like and I've tried them all. Its not free I think its 5 bucks, great selection of 10 band EQs, support for all kinds of DACs and techno stuff, all kinds of options... always gets the album art/custom picture correct. Never seen that with any other player.

Trending Topics