• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Switcher that momentarily mutes? (Pop blocking)

PFDarkside

Do any of the available rack switchers (GCX, Rack Gizmo, etc.) have a pop drop/block feature where they momentarily mute the output to stop switching pops from making it through to the amp?

teofilrocks

Silver Supporting Member
The RJM Rack Gizmo has the Click Stopper circuit which does just this. The manual describes it. It can route the first 4 loops thru the circuit without any extra cabling, which is how I use it, but all 8 loops can be routed through with one additional cable.

jb4674

The RJM Rack Gizmo has the Click Stopper circuit which does just this. The manual describes it. It can route the first 4 loops thru the circuit without any extra cabling, which is how I use it, but all 8 loops can be routed through with one additional cable.
This. The click stopper is good and the changes from preset to preset are so quick that you don't notice a change from one patch to another.

Jack Luminous

Voodoo Lab does that for sure. At least my PX8+ floor switcher has it. It's clearly described in the manual. I guess they also included it in their other switchers.

teofilrocks

Silver Supporting Member
Voodoo Lab does that for sure. At least my PX8+ floor switcher has it. It's clearly described in the manual. I guess they also included it in their other switchers.
It’s in their PX-8 Plus and HEX. They call it Quiet Switching. It is not in the GCX rack switcher, though.

PFDarkside

It’s in their PX-8 Plus and HEX. They call it Quiet Switching. It is not in the GCX rack switcher, though.
Thanks. Do you know if the HEX can be rack mounted with another 1/2 rack sized item (say, a small wireless) or if both sides need to be the same?

teofilrocks

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks. Do you know if the HEX can be rack mounted with another 1/2 rack sized item (say, a small wireless) or if both sides need to be the same?
Two HEX units can be rackmounted on their optional rackmount bracket:

That might make it a standard 1/2 space, not sure. I don't see dimension listed, so you might need to check their manual or contact them. Here's the product page.

ctreitzell

oh, I didn't understand the RJM CS function until you guys are discussing it. I don't use the CS...not that I have reason to ... hmmm, have to look into it more

Trending Topics