Switching Noise

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vibrostrat43, Feb 16, 2012.

1. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

It hasn't really bothered me before probably because my amp was usually turned low, but lately I've been cranking it and it's been bugging me. I've noticed that Boss pedals usually don't have it, and I wondered if anyone here knows the reason, and I also wondered how it can be avoided with pedals that seem to have it (mostly the ones with typical metal footswitches).

2. jb4674

jb4674 Member

Go midi and get a relay-based switching system.

3. smallsnd/bigsnd

smallsnd/bigsnd Member

switch when you hit a chord? nobody will notice...

4. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

Haha, thanks for the midi recommendation...I hadn't thought of that, and it would certainly be nice, but I'm not sure I have the tools necessary to be able do that.

I've come up with a few ideas, but all have problems. For example, using a tuner to mute while I switch(problems with switching quickly), or maybe a noise gate (I really don't prefer it, but I might want to anyway because of compressor noise).

That said, I have noticed it's not that noticeable while playing (kinda like most background noise) so I may just need to suck it up and do that.