• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Swollen nut?

NoahL

guitar is suddenly pinging when I tune it, for the first time. Can a bone nut possibly swell in hot, humid weather?

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
not really, no.

more likely a groove has worn in it to where the string is sitting down in that groove and pinching.

could even just be a bit of dirt or corrosion on the string making it drag a little.

Multicellular

not really, no.

more likely a groove has worn in it to where the string is sitting down in that groove and pinching.

could even just be a bit of dirt or corrosion on the string making it drag a little.
Ya. Bone, if it is really bone, is pretty stable.

I had a bone and wondered if I had a swollen nut once. My wife helped me with it....

She has better eyesight. It was wearing a groove down.

NoahL

Thanks Walter for the straight answer and Multi for jumping on the joke!

Trending Topics