Sx and Xaviere Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bluesking55, Feb 25, 2009.

1. bluesking55

bluesking55 Supporting Member

Are there any difference? I have/ had a couple Sx's and there are good for the money. The Sx's have a nice chunky necks with good fret work, I love the look of the Xaviere. Just seeing what the consesus says thanks

2. soulohio

soulohio Member

I will second that...the GGC1 Jr. I have plays great and feels like a guitar that is well put-together...

3. bluesking55

bluesking55 Supporting Member

4. soulohio

soulohio Member

I wish i would have bought the P90 model with the dogear bridge and the Schaller neck...these are fantastic guitars!

5. guitargeezer

guitargeezer Silver Supporting Member

bk55,
    I haven't had a GGC1, but the SX Strat copies I've had had pretty chunky necks. As for the Xavieres...I'm not sure which Xaviere you're thinking about, but I wouldn't class their necks as chunky. I've got the XV-500, which is an LP clone, and it's more like a Gibson 60s neck to me. However, I'd put the quality and finish of the Xavieres at least on par with the Agile 2500 series which is closer on a price basis. SX, in general, is a step below Agile. Decent guitars for the money, but I think the Agile and Xavieres are better. YMMV.

If you definitely want a P90 guitar, then Xaviere (Guitarfetish) has multiple models....from Strat and Tele body types, to LPs and beyond.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009