1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Synapse...opinions?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Big Bob, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

I think they had some quality control issues at first. Does anyone know anything about them these days?

Bob

2. Srini

Srini Guest

I just ordered one - I'll let you know when I get it.

Srini

3. Kappy

Kappy Member

Are you talking about the Steinberger?

4. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

Yeah, the Steinberger Synapse. I had a Steinberger in the 80's and sold it during the booming 90's. Started playing teles. Now I kinda miss the old girl but I'm not going to spring for what a GL goes for these days!

I was just wondering if the Synapse has a lot of the qualities of the first GLs. I really like the idea of a hardtail Steinberger!

I've heard they had some real problems with quality control at first. Hopefully that has been corrected. I've never seen or played a Synapse but they look interesting on paper.

Bob

5. BigDoug1053

BigDoug1053 Supporting Member

Bump - I am interested in the Synapse too...

6. Oldcrow

Oldcrow Guest

Eagerly waiting, Srini. Is it the transscale or regular?

7. Srini

Srini Guest

The regular - I need it for travel, since my job takes me on the road almost constantly; the TranScale would defeat the purpose.

The latest bad news is that Musician's Friend is back-ordered, and can't give me a delivery date.

Srini

8. Srini

Srini Guest

Latest scoop....will ship on Feb 25...:)

Srini

9. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

A friend has one, and I played it..didn't really like it, and it looked defective,(bad fret job) he also has a used old Hohner Steinberger imitation, that sounded better, and played better, and you can get them really cheap these days..
    Just my opinion.
    E.B.

10. carltonh

carltonh Member

I looked at the Synapse and decided I much prefer my Steinberger Spirits with upgraded pickups, but then, I never liked EMGs.

11. Srini

Srini Guest

No estimated shipping date, so I cancelled my order..

Srini