1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Synapse...opinions?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Big Bob, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

I think they had some quality control issues at first. Does anyone know anything about them these days?

Bob

2. Srini

Srini Guest

I just ordered one - I'll let you know when I get it.

Srini

3. Kappy

Kappy Member

Are you talking about the Steinberger?

4. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

Yeah, the Steinberger Synapse. I had a Steinberger in the 80's and sold it during the booming 90's. Started playing teles. Now I kinda miss the old girl but I'm not going to spring for what a GL goes for these days!

I was just wondering if the Synapse has a lot of the qualities of the first GLs. I really like the idea of a hardtail Steinberger!

I've heard they had some real problems with quality control at first. Hopefully that has been corrected. I've never seen or played a Synapse but they look interesting on paper.

Bob

5. BigDoug1053

BigDoug1053 Supporting Member

Bump - I am interested in the Synapse too...

6. Oldcrow

Oldcrow Guest

Eagerly waiting, Srini. Is it the transscale or regular?

7. Srini

Srini Guest

The regular - I need it for travel, since my job takes me on the road almost constantly; the TranScale would defeat the purpose.

The latest bad news is that Musician's Friend is back-ordered, and can't give me a delivery date.

Srini

8. Srini

Srini Guest

Latest scoop....will ship on Feb 25...:)

Srini

9. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

A friend has one, and I played it..didn't really like it, and it looked defective,(bad fret job) he also has a used old Hohner Steinberger imitation, that sounded better, and played better, and you can get them really cheap these days..
    Just my opinion.
    E.B.

10. carltonh

carltonh Member

I looked at the Synapse and decided I much prefer my Steinberger Spirits with upgraded pickups, but then, I never liked EMGs.

11. Srini

Srini Guest

No estimated shipping date, so I cancelled my order..

Srini