Synergy modular thread

Serious Poo

Powered by Coffee
Platinum Supporting Member
Well, I have a birthday coming up so...........I did this today..........

So now I have the following modules:

ODS
Friedman BE/BB
Bogner XTC
Bogner Uberschall
Engl Powerball
Fryette Deliverance

They all do very different tones but do it exceptionally well. I decided for today to just run them all in 4cm through my Egnater Vengeance head for that 6L6 tone. I'll run them through mt Engl Inferno or one of my Marshalls later for the EL34 vibe as well.

Don't know if I have a "favorite" but I will say that the Deliverance and XTC probably got the most playing time and "oh ****!!!" reactions.

I'm sold on this system.
All aboard the gain train! :D

Serious Poo

Powered by Coffee
Yes but I need to split the difference, only have a single slot open with the SYN-30 (which is what I prefer to keep from "module creep").
I'm comparing XTC to Deliverance vids now, both sound killer!
The Deliverance can cover an amazing amount of ground, I think it might be a good single module compromise for what you’re looking for. Sound-wise it fits between the AC and the SLO.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
The Deliverance can cover an amazing amount of ground, I think it might be a good single module compromise for what you’re looking for. Sound-wise it fits between the AC and the SLO.
Nice. Here are my current in the room tones with the SYN-30. I dig the VAI, but the Bassman breaking up is not really my cup of tea. The lead channel has a TON of gain on tap and sounds pretty singing even low, but I still favor a bit more British flavor. Really digging the Rabea vids of both the XTC and Deliverance. I think the Fryette can get my "broken tones" a little better.

Serious Poo

Powered by Coffee
Ok, deliverance on order from Pitbull Audio via Reverb :)
Try these settings when you get it, they should get you in the general range you're looking for:

Green Channel:
Bright (switch up)
Gain1: 9am
Gain2: 11am
Less (switch down)
Mode: On (switch down)
Presence: 1pm
Depth: 1pm
Volume (whatever)

Red Channel:
Bright (switch down)
Gain1: 3pm
Gain2: 1pm
More (switch up)
Treble: 12noon
Middle: 12noon
Bass: 11am
Volume (whatever)

Rockstar2971

Try these settings when you get it, they should get you in the general range you're looking for:

Green Channel:
Bright (switch up)
Gain1: 9am
Gain2: 11am
Less (switch down)
Mode: On (switch down)
Presence: 1pm
Depth: 1pm
Volume (whatever)

Red Channel:
Bright (switch down)
Gain1: 3pm
Gain2: 1pm
More (switch up)
Treble: 12noon
Middle: 12noon
Bass: 11am
Volume (whatever)
This is nearly identical to how I have mine setup. I have a SLO in the other slot of my Syn-2.
I am so happy with this setup I don't know if I need any other modules.

jeremyjh

I see the deliverance has a lot of tone shaping options and a huge range of gain, but the videos I've seen all sound overly dry, almost raspy. Can you get richer, thicker sounds from it?

IR79

Guitar Guitar in the U.K. has what appears to be some new old stock Randall MTS kit.

I picked up the RM 20 head for £199 and the DLX, Clean, Kirk Hammett 1 and 2 preamps for £99 each.

Anyone know how these are and if it is worth picking up some Synergy preamps to try with them?

Powderfinger

Hey, these have just caught my interest. Didn't want to read 45 pages. Can anyone give me a sense as to whether people are favoring the SY-1 and 2 or the 30 and 50 watt heads these days. I have lots of good heads already. Do the 1 and 2 work well in effect loops? Is it worth it to pay more for the heads? Thanks.

Elric

Hey, these have just caught my interest. Didn't want to read 45 pages. Can anyone give me a sense as to whether people are favoring the SY-1 and 2 or the 30 and 50 watt heads these days. I have lots of good heads already. Do the 1 and 2 work well in effect loops? Is it worth it to pay more for the heads? Thanks.
They work great in the loop; if the amp has a proper series FX Loop. I would get a syn1 or 2 and use it in the loop if you already have a number to pick from, personally.

tucsonsound

Deliverance has arrived, first Synergy branded mod in the house.
Looking forward to running it through its paces this weekend, but a quick sound check with the Tele and SG indicates the green channel is already a keeper.
It loves a Rat and the gain I/gain II let you tune the size and shape of the dirt hitting the front end. I thought it was a bit dry set to more gain, but then flipped my cathode bias select to 2 and there was the Marshall kerrang, nice. The red channel was bit more compressed than I like at most settings but once I set the presence and depth to red channel only, I liked it as a contrast to green for leads or detuned stuff.

tucsonsound

How do they sound through the 395?
Haven't tried the Deliverance through anything else yet, the other three mods are my Simul-class power regulars, shockingly the Mark IIC+ mod being my favorite through it.

I like some of the other mods through the Sound City or Soldano power sections more.

DarrellM5

Deliverance has arrived, first Synergy branded mod in the house.
Looking forward to running it through its paces this weekend, but a quick sound check with the Tele and SG indicates the green channel is already a keeper.
It loves a Rat and the gain I/gain II let you tune the size and shape of the dirt hitting the front end. I thought it was a bit dry set to more gain, but then flipped my cathode bias select to 2 and there was the Marshall kerrang, nice. The red channel was bit more compressed than I like at most settings but once I set the presence and depth to red channel only, I liked it as a contrast to green for leads or detuned stuff.

Nice. I just got mine and I'm getting ready to try it out. I'll try some and apply some of your findings and see how it goes.

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
Man, this Synergy thing just sucks you in. I should have known that once I owned more than two modules, it was inevitable that I would need a second SYN-2. Ordered yesterday! Will need to wait a bit on delivery.

Now it’s a matter of figuring out which of my four modules (and one one the way) need to go in which slot:
- Synergy Plexi
- Synergy OS
- Morgan AC
- Soldano SLO
- Bogner Ecstasy (on the way)

I think I’m addicted to these darn things. Selling off loads of dirt pedals.

Serious Poo