Synergy modular thread

Powderfinger

Platinum Supporting Member
Just got a Syn 2 and one module, the BE/BB. Sounds great so far using my Fryette Power Station. I have an ODS module on the way. Without reading whole thread, what are the most highly regarded other modules?

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
It’s a great system, crazy powerful. :D
It certainly is.

it has made me change my view on both amps and pedals. I have it hooked into my Mesa Mark V. The Synergy system has completely changed my approach to the amp.

I used to heavily rely on Channel two for a main drive sound. The Crunch mode was used 99% of the time for a faux Marshall thing. And Mark I mode was the other 10% when *trying* to get those classic Mark tones. I virtually never used Edge mode except in failed attempts to mimic Vox tones. It seemed completely useless to me.

In the case where crunch wasn’t cutting it, it was a never ending parade of dirt pedals into the clean channel to get those Marshall tones. And where Mark one was tough to dial in, it was a smaller parade of D-type pedals into the clean channel. But not a anymore.

The Plexi module and the SLO module give me those rock tones that I wanted better than Crunch mode. And the OS module gives me that particular drive tone that I wanted better than both Mark I mode and those Zen type pedals ... with a great warm clean thrown for free.

Now, I’ve been leaving Channel Two in Edge mode, and it’s like playing a new amp. It gives a really cool, lean, and sort of edgy (sorry, I know) tone that I don’t get anywhere else. Very interesting tone and FEEL with the Les Paul, Strats and Tele. Makes me want to play choppy, chordal, funky stuff. And it takes a boost or fuzz totally differently than the other channels. Synergy has opened this up to me.

The effect on the pedal situation is obvious. Don’t need all of those dirt boxes up front anymore trying to do what an amp should be doing anyway. It’s pretty much just fuzz or boost/EQ up front.

In fact, I’ve learned more about my fuzz pedals in a few months of this Synergy stuff than the last couple decades. You want to know what a Tone Bender can really do? Plug it into a system in which you can effortlessly switch between it feeding a very clean amp, and edgy amp, a Plexi circuit and even the OS’s warm clean channel. It kind of reveals the whole story in one sitting. Far better than trying to remember how a fuzz sounded in front of that Fender two tears ago as it’s feeding a Marshall today.

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
Just got a Syn 2 and one module, the BE/BB. Sounds great so far using my Fryette Power Station. I have an ODS module on the way. Without reading whole thread, what are the most highly regarded other modules?
I’m way closer to newbie than expert. But people say really, really good things so far about the SLO, the new Fryette Deliverance and both Bogners. Only one of that trio I currently own is the SLO. And it’s a definite keeper.

You chose well. That OS is really cool. With the BEBB, you’ll have two cool gain channels and a pair of alternating clean or cleanish channels. Congratulations!

DarrellM5

I'm running a Syn 1 into a Power Station 2. I also really like the BE/BB module. I have the SLO, VH4 and Deliverance modules, although I just got the Deliverance today and haven't spent much time with it. I also have an Uberschall on back order. So far the SLO is the 'can't live without it' module for me.

Powderfinger

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm running a Syn 1 into a Power Station 2. I also really like the BE/BB module. I have the SLO, VH4 and Deliverance modules, although I just got the Deliverance today and haven't spent much time with it. I also have an Uberschall on back order. So far the SLO is the 'can't live without it' module for me.
Is the SLO very different from the BE?

Elric

I prefer the SLO to the BE by pretty wide margin, TBH.

Just got the Deliverance... I am struggling to dial it in. The two gains are messing with me. ;) I keep wanting to raise gain 1 to get more overall distortion but the it doesn’t have enough high end bite. Watching for others experiences to see if I can get this going the way I want... The distortion does not seem super smooth.

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
Is the SLO very different from the BE?
I don't own the BE. But based on the amp it's derived from, I would guess hot rod Plexi tones. That's what the Friedman BE is, right? The Soldano amp is not really the same. I think it's more of a higher gain circuit from the ground up.

Hopefully, people that know more than me - and maybe own both - will chime in.

I can tell you my SLO is way different than my Plexi module.

Kelly

I prefer the SLO to the BE by pretty wide margin, TBH.

Just got the Deliverance... I am struggling to dial it in. The two gains are messing with me. ;) I keep wanting to raise gain 1 to get more overall distortion but the it doesn’t have enough high end bite. Watching for others experiences to see if I can get this going the way I want... The distortion does not seem super smooth.
Start with both gains at 1 oclock, more mode. Back off gain I if it's too dark. The circuit loves a clean boost in front, too. I leave a rc booster on all the time.

Serious Poo