Synergy modular thread

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by OAJ73, Sep 9, 2017.

1. rumbletone

rumbletone Silver Supporting Member

What would be in the module - different phase inverter (tube plus circuitry), different power tubes and circuitry, and different output transformer? That would be a pretty big module ...

2. rumbletone

Which Road King? The manual says there are separate parallel and serial loops, but perhaps that’s a different model?

3. Scratch17

Scratch17 Member

The original Road King 1 had a series loop followed by a parallel loop. Road King 2 (both V1 and V2) have two serial loops.

4. Scratch17

Scratch17 Member

I would expect Synergy to follow a similar design for the amp housing and modules as they did with the preamp housings and modules. I make no representation as an electronics designer. I am just an amp user who wants greater flexibility and likes a modular approach to achieve that.

5. guitarplayer1

guitarplayer1 Supporting Member

Hoping someone will do a comparison between Synergy and Egnater modules. I'm really impressed with the demos I'm hearing from Synergy stuff so far.

On another note, after doing a little reading on the Synergy Facebook page regarding compatibility I'm still a little confused. Will that 3 position "cathode biasing" switch still work ? I'm assuming yes since it's on the module itself ....

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    OAJ73 likes this.
  6. gtr37

gtr37 Member

To my ears the Twin/Deluxe Bassman are very much just updated version of the Egnater modules, The SYN 800 is also close to the Egnater SL2 or the circuit he has in the amp building class
    there is no Eg Vox as Morgan did his Ac20, and i would think not Eg5 as that was basically 90% Soldano and Synergy already has the SLO from Mike .
    the only ones I could see Bruce adding would be his Erect (recto) or some other Modern Hi gain under Synergy name and maybe a Synergy TOL module

7. Bucksears

Bucksears Supporting Member

There’s still the EG3/4, which is based on channels 3 and 4 of the IE4 preamp. That would be a good one to do, and include the ‘X’ mod (or similar) on a toggle.

rumbletone likes this.
  8. gtr37

gtr37 Member

That's the one I was meaning by TOL the 3/4
    Was taken from that amp and the original IE4 pre

Bucksears likes this.
  9. Bucksears

Got it - missed that part at the end - it's been a busy morning....

10. gtr37

gtr37 Member

Ok guys think I am going to test the waters with Syn1
    And if I dig it grab the Syn30
    Head
    To owners what would you recommend for the Modern hi gain. What's your fav mod
    Between SLO VH4 HBE
    For shinedown Breaking Benjamin Pop Evil etc

voojo likes this.
  11. JonSick

JonSick Member

I've heard consistently awesome SLO clips. That would be one of my top choices!

12. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

I can't help you with the high gain question as the highest gain module I currently have is the Synergy 800, but your plan mimics mine. I bought the SYN-1 and a single module (Metro-Plex,) and thought if I liked it I'd pick up the SYN-30 head, and if not I could sell the SYN-1 and module while not losing too much money.

Fast forward to today, I have a SYN-2 coming Friday, and also still plan to get the SYN-30 head when released. For now I'm not sure if I'll sell the SYN-1 or just keep it. Awesome gear!

Its Luke likes this.
  13. rumbletone

Synergy announcement this morning:

“We are happy to announce that Bogner will be joining the Synergy family!!! Reinhold’s creative juices are flowing with potential module designs. So which Bogner module do you want to see?”

Keg8605, Serious Poo and teofilrocks like this.
  14. Bucksears

Guess it’s gonna have to be Bogner Ecstasy Blue and Red up first, IMO.

That is pretty incredible news.

djd100 likes this.
  15. teofilrocks

teofilrocks Member

Man, I thought I had convinced myself to order a Ceriatone Yeti 50 over going with a Synergy setup, but the pendulum is swinging the other way again. Not just because of Bogner, but because it feels like there's some momentum still in adding new module makers.

16. Bucksears

Can you just imagine if Mesa developed some modules? That's the long-shot/holy-grail (IMO), but imagine being able to throw in a Mark I or IIC+ channel (or reasonably close) into your amp.

17. teofilrocks

teofilrocks Member

I'd settle for a true series effects loop in my Mark V:25 so I could use it with the Synergy system :jo

Bucksears likes this.
  18. gtr37

gtr37 Member

Mesa will be a tough fish
    You might see the Synergy Rectofire but getting Randall on board I think is doubtful
    Bogner I am surprised he held out so long this is right up his alley and he is friends
    With fryette Freidman Peter Deizel and Bruce

Bucksears likes this.
  19. Bucksears

Yeah, that would fill in a gap or two for the V:25.
    I could see using the Mesa for clean and the Mark IIC+ or IV modes, and a SYN001 or 002 for more British tones.

20. Bucksears

Oh, I'm not doubting that is a LOOOOOONG shot (if at all), just that would be very cool.
    Three key modules could probably cover it: Mark I (clean CH1, drive CH2), Mark IIC+/Mark IV (drive/high gain) and Rectifier.

The Bogner stuff will be interesting to see/hear. Agreed that more confidence will be built with this line as more/bigger names jump on board.