Synergy modular thread

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by OAJ73, Sep 9, 2017.

1. stratamania

stratamania Member

I series effects loop is the type of loop you need so you should be fine.

On your other question, I can only assume you might get similar results. Though I do not know if there is any significant difference between the two units.

2. teofilrocks

teofilrocks Supporting Member

If I’m understanding the cross compatibility correctly, all MTS modules will work in the SYN1/2, all Synergy modules will work in the Randall RM4 but only one selectable channel, and all Synergy modules will work with the Egnater M4 and retain both channels. Do I have that right?

batousay likes this.
  3. pipedwho

pipedwho Member

That is correct. Although Egnater did 'reissue' a 'D/S' (Dual/Single) series of modules a few years ago that had a switch on the module to select which channel would work when the module was engaged in a single channel Randall amp. Without the switch, Egnater modules defaulted to Channel B when used in a Randall. The switch allowed it to be changed to Channel A.

4. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

Anyone out there with a VH4 module able to compare it to an actual VH4 (even from memory)? I loved the VH4S that I played a few years back, but these demos don't seem to capture the mojo I remember...

5. gtr37

gtr37 Member

I agree so far to me even in that Sweetwater video the Soldano seems to be easily as aggressive as the VH4
    And with more "mojo"

6. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

7. thiscalltoarms

Thanks. Very helpful. Pretty close sounding. Seems to be less presence and treble content in the SYN channels.

8. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

Yeah but it's not the best test and I'm sure you can dial in a bit more presence and treble. The only thing I'm interested in is the fact that the Diezel VH4 module doesn't have a deep and presence knob (although those impact the power tube section in the amp). The VH4 pedal does though.

9. gtr37

gtr37 Member

these Synergy threads are very quiet ,even on the Synergy Forum .not sure if people just are not buying them but i see very little reviews from owners .

maybe just too new ,also wasn't there some guy named Jace . he seems to be all but gone

10. MarcoR

MarcoR Member

Not many people visit this sub forum and less know about the MTS Forum. To me it looks like there is a lot of excitement and, old MTS users that have picked up the new Synergy gear have been thrilled.

Javier Reyes from Animals as Leaders just moved to a full Synergy rig with two SYN2s and the SYN50/50 power amp. If Tosin gets on board, there will be a whole new generation of MTS fans; it could be as popular as fractal in the Djent community, lol.

Jace jumped ship, he sold off all MTS and went to AmpliFire... He was a beta tester for Synergy... I have no idea why, they should have sent all that gear to me...

11. thiscalltoarms

I'm interested for sure, money is just really really tight right now and I think I'd need a bundle deal or used prices to make it work. Or a coupon. I wonder if Sweetwater will cut me a deal after Christmas...

I'd want a Syn2 with two modules- not a cheap proposition...

MarcoR likes this.
  12. pipedwho

pipedwho Member

The SYN stuff is really new. It's only been available to purchase for a little while. And the new name will take a while to get traction and mindshare for users that are looking at a versatile tube based rig.

It'll pick up users from the original MTS series, and of course those same users (myself included) will keep things moving while awareness picks up in the general guitar community.

These are not designed to be cheap high volume products. They are high quality versatile products that solve the problem of having many tube amps in a relatively small and portable form factor (compared to having multiple full size rigs).

No matter what other things I use, my MOD50 and selection of modules is what I seem to always come back to. When I have to drag a rig out with me, it's almost always the MOD50. Sometimes I'll bring a Helix for the effects and convenience. But, the MOD50 and a few pedals gets all that tone and more. It's my reference rig so to speak. The one I compare everything against.

rumbletone and ToneLounge like this.
  13. thiscalltoarms

I understand, I just wish the price point was a little lower. Say, $1200 for a SYN2 with two modules.

14. Baba Louie

Baba Louie Member

What's a Djent?

15. Baba Louie

Baba Louie Member

Is that slang? Like: "Djent you know I was gonna ask you that question?"

16. MarcoR

MarcoR Member

Baba, you are no djentleman.

Baba Louie likes this.
  17. MarcoR

MarcoR Member

Steve Terreberry explained it best.

johnspeck, keelford, djd100 and 2 others like this.
  18. Baba Louie

Baba Louie Member

Ha. That's funny. I actually watched the whole thing.
    That dude is pretty talented, actually.

djd100 likes this.
  19. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

Just bought a Syn2, VH4 Module, TDLX Module and Metroplex Module! can't wait!:rockin

voojo, rumbletone, Bucksears and 2 others like this.
  20. Baba Louie

Baba Louie Member

Well, we can't wait to hear what you think about them. So, play dem modules, and get back here, and tell us!
    I have about 7-8 or 9 of the old modules, most of them done up by Jaded Faith and Salvation. My only Syn module is the Metroplex.
    This is what I have:
    Jaded Faith JTM
    Salvation Duoplex
    Jaded Faith Voxless (dualie)
    Salvation Twinface
    Salvation Humble Overdrive
    Metroplex.
    And, a few Egnater designed stockies.
    I tend toward the "Classic" amps. I have a Bogner Fish, for when I'm feeling young and heavy again. (Rare)
    So, I would like to hear the opinion of anybody who has some of the modules I have, and, have recently grabbed a few of the new Synergy modules, and I'd like to hear what you think.
    Particularly, I'd like to hear from someone who has the new TDLX, and one of Rob or Anthony's Fender modules.
    Also, curious to hear from anybody who has some Marshall modules, like the ones I have, and also got the Syn Plexi module. I'd like to hear your opinion on that.
    I love all of my modules...but, my favorites are:
    JF JTM
    Salvation Humble
    Metroplex