Synergy modular thread

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by OAJ73, Sep 9, 2017.

1. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

I've had decent success with the pedals I've sold. Knock on wood!

As far as my complaint earlier: I reached out to the seller again after a week and a half and no shipment. No response for a day. So I put in a request to simply cancel the order and get a refund. The seller seems to have refunded my money now with an absurd note that the item was lost in shipping. LOL. He never provided tracking, never responded to messages, and clearly never shipped it. I saw that he still had the module up on Reverb as of last night. I think this is a case of seller's remorse. His Reverb shop had a few different modules slightly discounted a couple weeks ago. He probably sold them, then changed his mind, thinking he should not have discounted them. So he probably just ignored the buyers, never shipped, and then relisted them.
    And given how Reverb works, you can't leave feedback once the money is refunded. So unless you give negative feedback before the refund, the seller gets away with this lame practice. Buyer beware of "The Guitar Guru Network" out of Atlanta.

Oh well, I will just buy elsewhere. And maybe this gives me time to think twice about the Ecstasy and maybe consider the Uberschall instead. Comparing tones is far more interesting than talking about bad Reverb sellers anyway!

2. chrishurley

chrishurley Member

I shipped something out on Reverb last week and my tracking did that too. Something is up. I think they aren't honoring the Priority Mail times either right now. Usually, USPS is the best for me by far. I'm always disappointed when I order something and the tracking number in the email starts with 1Z... because I know it will take over a week to get it.

RMosack likes this.
  3. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky Member

Delayed shipping is expected
    2week delay in actually getting to the store to start the process is not

RMosack likes this.
  4. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky Member

I have a syn2 arriving tomorrow, totally stoked! For now I'll put it into the fx return of my Diamond Phantom. Eventually may get the 5050 rack
    Already received the Ecstasy and Powerball, Savage coming later this week.
    I was big into Randall modified modules back in the day, so this was just a matter of time.

Bentayuk and RMosack like this.
  5. MarcoR

MarcoR Member

Has anyone messed with the internal switches on the Ecstacy module? If so, did you find anything useful?

RMosack likes this.
  6. RipperShred

RipperShred Member

I'd switch the 100b to 101b and leave the air switch set to on.

MarcoR likes this.
  7. chrishurley

chrishurley Member

I changed the 101b and left the air alone. I might have preferred it on the .68uf setting too.

MarcoR likes this.
  8. Koa-Dogg

Koa-Dogg Supporting Member

Shoot... I’m dealing with a similar issue and saw your post. So I checked the reverb seller and it is the same as you: The Guitar Guru Network. But in my case I received the tracking number and it was delivered today. To a place in California. I’m in Pennsylvania.....

I’ve sent a dozen messages today and finally got a response that they are looking into it that it might be the wrong tracking number. We will see.

9. chrishurley

chrishurley Member

I think a lot of people drift back and forth and/or use digital or tube amps in different contexts. Thankfully, we're not required to swear an allegiance to one or the other.

I've been a modelling user for a lot of years. I've also built tube amps and I still enjoy using tube amps. I'm keeping my Fractal stuff because I'm tired of losing $100+ every time I sell/re-buy it. Its there for me when the mood cycles back around like it always does.

The Synergy/Randall setup lets me have the core tone that I love (Friedman BE) while making it easy to goof around with other sounds easily as my mood dictates. Its a little expensive to get into, but once you have a dock, its not bad. For a few hundred bucks, I can have an amp tech take a module and make something special out of it without having to pack, ship and risk a heavy amp.

People get all hung up on stuff that doesn't matter at all. "How can it sound like a Marshall with 6L6's?" It can- turn the knobs. "It doesn't sound like the real amp with the knobs set in the same positions." turn the knobs- that's why it has knobs. I don't really care if these things sound exactly like another amp at the same knob settings as long as they can sound great. They can.

If you can skip those kinds of pitfalls, I have a high confidence that you can enjoy the system.

10. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky Member

Oh wow, I didn't even notice these options! Hopefully my syn 2 arrives today (or tomorrow?) so I can jam it

11. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky Member

Are there any other modules that have these internal switches like the Ecstasy?

12. chrishurley

chrishurley Member

I'm not positive. I think we're seeing a second generation of modules that have more capabilities. This may be something that gets expanded upon down the line.

I'm still hoping they will revisit some of the existing modules- Friedman BE Deluxe (for example)

crankyrayhanky likes this.
  13. Peteyforto

Peteyforto Member

The Friedman HBE has a 3-way switchable 1st stage bypass cap.

14. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

You mean the three-way switch all modules come with? :huh

15. Elric

Elric Supporting Member

I messed with the permutations on my rig, set it to 100B and turned air to the opposite of the default after all was said and done, IIRC. It's been long enough ago, I'd have to open it up to verify what the AIR on/off was... for some reason I am thinking mine is off which surprised me. Because it seems like my kind of thing.

16. Jason_86_951

Jason_86_951 Supporting Member

Mine was set to air on and 101b, which I loved. I did some experiments without my glasses (lol) and switched them back and forth a few times and left it on my favorite combo.

Put my readers on and saw that I ended up with:
    Air off
    100B

Even better than before for my tastes. More open, less fluff. Love it! If I didn't have the Uber next to it I may have drifted the other way, but now they are the perfect pair. Best 4ch amp ever!

MarcoR and crankyrayhanky like this.
  17. Elric

Elric Supporting Member

Actually, I misremembered, my AIR is off but my current setting 101B. I like both the 101 and 100 settings and have gone back and forth on that switch a couple of times but the 101B is my setting du jour.

It was so cool of Reinhold to include so much switch functionality on the X module, I love that kind of tweakability (which is why a modular amp system probably appeals to me to begin with ;) ).

18. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky Member

I'm digging the Ecstasy option chatter!

ok I now have 3 modules here but no host to use them in :(

Syn2 is on at least an hour away according to tracking, not sure if it will get here early evening or just have to wait another day

19. chrishurley

chrishurley Member

I hope this is a sign of things to come on future modules. Something like a slider on the board is something you don't HAVE to change if you don't want to but its cool to have the option.

Elric likes this.
  20. Elric

Elric Supporting Member

Yep, agreed... the modules have gone from simple shared EQ modules with just cathode select to, dual EQ, a switch or two on the face sometimes even more than one per channel, plus additional selects on the board. Really Nice... no need to mod or or anything to explore a few different options...

Gasp100 and Bucksears like this.