T.C. Jauernig Atomic Fet Boy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by thezeng, Mar 24, 2008.

1. thezeng

thezeng Member

anybody know anything about this pedal, i just picked one up. it looks like an interesting clone of the fulltone fat boost (i dont have it yet)

2. iggs

iggs Member

I don't think it's a "clone" of fatboost, I have one and like it a lot. It really thickens up the sound and can push the amp quite a bit. The switch adds compression and a bit of dirt ... and more volume.

Great sounding boost! One of the very few pedals that I intend on keeping for a long time even though it's not currently on the board!

3. thezeng

thezeng Member

so maybe its more like the RC Booster?
    can you use it as a fully clean boost with no dirt?

4. iggs

iggs Member

It's pretty unique IMHO (as unique as clean boosts can be I guess) so it would be hard to say it's like this or that pedal.
    It can be used as clean boost for sure but it does add a certain "fullness" to the sound ... it's not ultra-clean/transparent/can't hear it's on ... type of boost.
    It's another one of those pedals that you don't hear or read much about but when you plug it in you wonder why aren't people talking about it more.

Just to add ... it does not have unity gain, even when fully clockwise it adds a bit of boost when engaged. Not an issue for me because it's a "boost" so unity gain is really not what I'm looking for.

5. thezeng

thezeng Member

ah, thats exactly what i wanted to hear. im going to leave mine on all the time for cleans because my strat is really twangy and lacks bass.