T-Rex Binson Echorec… WHAT?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by moore_for_less, Jan 16, 2017.

1. guitar007

guitar007 Member

2. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

This must be an enormous undertaking. Why would a small company do this to themselves?

3. placebo62

placebo62 Member

4. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

Because we pesky guitar nerds demand it.

roblovesolives and dhdfoster like this.
  5. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

good press ?

6. Auditory Driving

Auditory Driving Member

7. Baskervils

Baskervils Member

They were having some financial challenges, but it seems like things have stabilized...
    https://www.gearnews.com/t-rex-engineering-bankruptcy-the-official-statement/

Interestingly, it looks like the large standalone version of the Replicator tape delay and the Eurorack have been discontinued. I don't recall reading anything about this. I don't see that for sale on big US sites, anyway. The Jr. is still available new. Perhaps they are retooling?

Fulltone and T Rex are the two big companies making tape echo machines, so I can imagine that T Rex are up for the Binson challenge if it will be profitable.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Auditory Driving likes this.
  8. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Moderation is key Staff Member Supporting Member

It’s one of those things where I doubt they’re even sure it would sell enough units with enough margin to even make a profit on it after R&D is complete. Seems like a labor of love sort of thing and I’d be eternally grateful if they ever succeeded in putting out a modern Echorec. Might be the only case where I’d pay up front and wait bc I know the production startup costs would be immense, and capitalizing the project that way might be the only way for them to do it.