T-Rex Binson Echorec… WHAT?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by moore_for_less, Jan 16, 2017.

1. AK74

AK74 Member

I have the replicator and love it. Look I got forward to seeing what they do with the echorec

moore_for_less likes this.
  2. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides! Supporting Member

An eastbound man, in a westbound lane (ATL)
    Doh! :jo

Auditory Driving and Ruiner like this.
  3. augur

augur Member

Please not T-Rex....
    (well let's have a listen when it's out!)

4. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

Definitely interested, looks like it could be promising...

LordByron likes this.
  5. White Buffalo

White Buffalo Member

Hated the Replicator, but very excited for this. Kind of happy I didn't buy one of the $4k Echorec units from Italy. Not saying this'll be as good/better, but I'm sure it'll scratch that itch for me pretty well. Just hope it's not as gritty/lo-fi as the Replicator- it wasn't usable at all for me. Very stoked for this!
    Anyone else wish it wasn't made into a pedal format though? I'd of been happy w/ a 'normal' tape echo style unit w/ ability to engage w/ footswitch.

6. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I keep looking at the picture and it's hard to tell just how big it is but it looks HUGE. I'm all for a Binson effect that fits on a pedalboard but this one looks like it needs it's own pedal board. I also like having it close to tweak but with my binson i have a footswitch to turn it on and off and can tweak it right in front of me standing up instead of going down to the pedal board which i prefer...

Black_Label and LordByron like this.
  7. LordByron

Just based on the foot switch sized it looks to be 2.5 to 3x the size of a standard MXR-sized enclosure, although it's hard to be sure.

In terms of floor vs. not-floor with footswitch, I guess it depends on where you are using it. In my basement, not-floor with footswitch would be the winner. If this thing turns out to be rugged enough (and toanz-full enough) to gig with, then all floor is probably better, at least IMO.

8. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I agree but in a live environment i think i'd just end up settling for a Boonar or Echosex rather than putting something that big on my pedalboard. "Close enough" works much better in a live setting than a studio setting. Just my opinion though.

LordByron likes this.
  9. Scott_F

Scott_F Gold Supporting Member

After we play the real deal, the bar is set. That being said, my Fulltone SSTE is damn solid. Would be cool as heck to have someone make an echorec as good as the real deal. One can hope

Slevin, Black_Label and LordByron like this.
  10. R.C.Moran

R.C.Moran Silver Supporting Member

I'll be looking forward to hearing this, but like others, my experience with the replicator was dismal, so I'm very wary. I'll be more excited when Gurus has a 4 head Echosex, and until then the Echosex LTD remains my tone champ for anything 440ms and below.

Ruiner and LordByron like this.
  11. LordByron

True enough! :) I'm interested to see what the Echosex 2 and what the rumored Boonar v2 end up bringing to the table. The TRex, however, is still very intriguing! :drool

Ruiner likes this.
  12. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

I'm still holding out hope that Effectrode will finish theirs. If anyone can make a great one (other than Marcelo), it'll be effectrode. I don't have as much faith in tRex.

13. Slevin

Slevin Supporting Member

I highly doubt the do this twice with the same results. everything else they've made has been solid and I would have to just assume they're smart guys that will improve on their first foray into analog tape echos. But if there's anything I can promise it's that I sure as hell won't be the first to buy one:aok

LordByron likes this.
  14. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Dear T-Rex,

I hereby offer my services as a beta tester in which I will record studio quality clips side by side with a Binson Super Special.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
    Ruiner

15. DeVilleDude

DeVilleDude Member

Hope it's up to everyone's expectations. Well, NOTHING is ever up to EVERYONE'S expectations, because we're a biased, opiniated bunch. But I applaud their efforts to take on the challenge this pedal presented, and I hope I can afford a used one some day if it is a success.

16. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Internet Moderator/Super Hero Staff Member Supporting Member

Dear T-Rex,

Pick me.

Thanks,
    PurpleJesus

17. Tonefan

Tonefan Member

Come on Phil.. Binson is it! Now's your chance to abandon all other pedals and release effectrode's delay godfather...

magnus02 likes this.
  18. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Dear T-Rex,

Don't let this second rate panderer bother you. Send it to this first rate panderer.

Thank you,
    Ruiner

19. ellsworthman

ellsworthman Supporting Member

Dear T-Rex,
    I am third rate at best. I hope you reward my honesty and pick me.
    :D

20. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Dear T-Rex,

This guy can't even sign his letters. 'Nough said.

Sincerely and Obviously,
    Ruiner