T-Rex Binson Echorec… WHAT?!

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Supporting Member
I went to a backline supplier the other week and they were getting rid of several 2290 units because "no one asks for them anymore" and most people are using plug-ins like echoboy, etc.
Does this individual want to sell me one of his crappy old 2290s? I'd hate for them to take up valuable space. I'd be doing the backline supplier a service, really.

71strat

How/Where does the Dawner Prince Boonar fit into the pecking order ??

I'm asking. I dont know. I'm interested in the Boonar. Or any of them that are good. If its/they are good, its good.

I also hope the T Rex can be a good pedal. Just wondering how good a Boonar is vs everything else?

misa

Silver Supporting Member
How/Where does the Dawner Prince Boonar fit into the pecking order ??
I'm thinking David Gilmour's use/endorsement of the Boonar is a pretty good sign. Unfortunately, I haven't tried a vintage Binson unit myself to compare. The Boonar has a nice sound, lots of tweaks available, and the mutli-head feature is the standout.

I preferred an Echosex with my setup, but you do lose out on the multi-head feature. It sounds like Gurus may be thinking of providing that in a future release. I haven't tried the Catalinbread.

j.s.tonehound

I went to a backline supplier the other week and they were getting rid of several 2290 units because "no one asks for them anymore" and most people are using plug-ins like echoboy, etc.
Does this individual want to sell me one of his crappy old 2290s? I'd hate for them to take up valuable space. I'd be doing the backline supplier a service, really.
I actually may bump into him this weekend, I'll ask

Unfortunately he hasn't gotten into the pedal market because it changes every week according to him :rotflmao
Yeah. I would totally throw myself on that hand grenade. ;)
I mean.. if there's one going..... I think I could probably find some space.

Tonefan

I hope it's awesome. I will buy one if it proves good, but I sure hope it's GOLD and not brown. It has has has to capture the vibe beyond the name, in looks and tone.

Also, Gurus and others should consider releasing some hype soon, because if this comes out and is as good as it should be, with the name rights, and other features, the binson market may well be stitched, and the others may not sell as well. I mean who wants a digital copy, if you can buy a great new original. Basically, the bar may be raised, and other companies thinking they are on to a marketing gem may miss the boat... that is unless this bombs and is utterly useless - which I am convinced it won't be. Competition is great, but not when people have already invested in a product which bears the real name. I think this release is pivitol for T. rex.

As for boonar and echosex, they will always win in size and convenience, but judging by your responses, they are aiming at different markets.

I truly think effectrodes unit will eclipse all, but I'll bet we are a year away at best.

Buddy67

I'm still holding out hope that Effectrode will finish theirs. If anyone can make a great one (other than Marcelo), it'll be effectrode. I don't have as much faith in tRex.
Effectrode's will have digital delay lines though, which many people don't seem to realize.

seiko

I hope it's awesome. I will buy one if it proves good, but I sure hope it's GOLD and not brown. It has has has to capture the vibe beyond the name, in looks and tone.

Also, Gurus and others should consider releasing some hype soon, because if this comes out and is as good as it should be, with the name rights, and other features, the binson market may well be stitched, and the others may not sell as well. I mean who wants a digital copy, if you can buy a great new original. Basically, the bar may be raised, and other companies thinking they are on to a marketing gem may miss the boat... that is unless this bombs and is utterly useless - which I am convinced it won't be. Competition is great, but not when people have already invested in a product which bears the real name. I think this release is pivitol for T. rex.

As for boonar and echosex, they will always win in size and convenience, but judging by your responses, they are aiming at different markets.

I truly think effectrodes unit will eclipse all, but I'll bet we are a year away at best.
My guess is dollars $$$$ for the T-Rex, they'd have to retool from the drum mechanism at least no? That ain't cheap...

Good on them for doing it though.

That Effectrode unit is NEVER coming out! comm'on!

I was curious about this when it first came out. It's definitely interesting and i applaud anyone trying new things but it becomes less interesting at $1400 :D
The point is that it can be done in possibly quite a few ways and if it can be designed to be efficient and plausible for massive production then the price would be much much lower. I mean, floppy disks themselves are not simple per se, yet they were sold for peanuts... it's just that technology and pricing do not always get along when it comes to music gear. :)

Ruiner

The point is that it can be done in possibly quite a few ways and if it can be designed to be efficient and plausible for massive production then the price would be much much lower. I mean, floppy disks themselves are not simple per se, yet they were sold for peanuts... it's just that technology and pricing do not always get along when it comes to music gear. :)
Oh I got your point... just speaking to that particular pedal. The demos didn't do anything for me for the price tag but i love the innovation. I love innovation at any price.... i mean hell.... i still want this even at the asking price

Trending Topics