T-Rex Binson Echorec… WHAT?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by moore_for_less, Jan 16, 2017.

1. TCMx3

TCMx3 Supporting Member

I'd buy two.

2. broken_sound

broken_sound Member

I went to a backline supplier the other week and they were getting rid of several 2290 units because "no one asks for them anymore" and most people are using plug-ins like echoboy, etc.

LordByron and PurpleJesus like this.
  3. danbond

danbond Member

Ah you know what I mean!

I'd never stick this on the floor with my pedals. Not sure why anyone wants an Echorec but has concerns about the size.

Bluesful likes this.
  4. Hitchens

Hitchens Member

Purely for entertainment I'm glad this is happening.

5. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

Exactly my thoughts!

LordByron likes this.
  6. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Internet Moderator/Super Hero Staff Member Supporting Member

Does this individual want to sell me one of his crappy old 2290s? I'd hate for them to take up valuable space. I'd be doing the backline supplier a service, really.

7. broken_sound

broken_sound Member

I actually may bump into him this weekend, I'll ask

Unfortunately he hasn't gotten into the pedal market because it changes every week according to him :rotflmao

8. 71strat

71strat Member

How/Where does the Dawner Prince Boonar fit into the pecking order ??

I'm asking. I dont know. I'm interested in the Boonar. Or any of them that are good. If its/they are good, its good.

I also hope the T Rex can be a good pedal. Just wondering how good a Boonar is vs everything else?

9. misa

misa Silver Supporting Member

I'm thinking David Gilmour's use/endorsement of the Boonar is a pretty good sign. Unfortunately, I haven't tried a vintage Binson unit myself to compare. The Boonar has a nice sound, lots of tweaks available, and the mutli-head feature is the standout.

I preferred an Echosex with my setup, but you do lose out on the multi-head feature. It sounds like Gurus may be thinking of providing that in a future release. I haven't tried the Catalinbread.

LordByron and 71strat like this.
  10. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides! Supporting Member

An eastbound man, in a westbound lane (ATL)
    Yeah. I would totally throw myself on that hand grenade. ;)

PurpleJesus likes this.
  11. j.s.tonehound

j.s.tonehound Member

I mean.. if there's one going..... I think I could probably find some space.

12. Tonefan

Tonefan Member

I hope it's awesome. I will buy one if it proves good, but I sure hope it's GOLD and not brown. It has has has to capture the vibe beyond the name, in looks and tone.

Also, Gurus and others should consider releasing some hype soon, because if this comes out and is as good as it should be, with the name rights, and other features, the binson market may well be stitched, and the others may not sell as well. I mean who wants a digital copy, if you can buy a great new original. Basically, the bar may be raised, and other companies thinking they are on to a marketing gem may miss the boat... that is unless this bombs and is utterly useless - which I am convinced it won't be. Competition is great, but not when people have already invested in a product which bears the real name. I think this release is pivitol for T. rex.

As for boonar and echosex, they will always win in size and convenience, but judging by your responses, they are aiming at different markets.

I truly think effectrodes unit will eclipse all, but I'll bet we are a year away at best.

13. Buddy67

Buddy67 Member

Effectrode's will have digital delay lines though, which many people don't seem to realize.

14. seiko

seiko Member

My guess is dollars $$$$ for the T-Rex, they'd have to retool from the drum mechanism at least no? That ain't cheap...

Good on them for doing it though.

That Effectrode unit is NEVER coming out! comm'on!

15. Tri Pedal Reviews

Tri Pedal Reviews Member

I really dig the boonar. I'm not as much of a fan of the Echosex 2. Eventually for a vid I'll sit the CB Echorec, Echosex2 and Boonar next to each other.

Godspeed64 and LordByron like this.
  16. Auditory Driving

Auditory Driving Member

Have faith people, there s usually more than one ways to do things :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    redchapterjubilee and LordByron like this.
  17. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides! Supporting Member

An eastbound man, in a westbound lane (ATL)
    Interesting!

Auditory Driving likes this.
  18. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I was curious about this when it first came out. It's definitely interesting and i applaud anyone trying new things but it becomes less interesting at $1400 :D

19. Auditory Driving

Auditory Driving Member

The point is that it can be done in possibly quite a few ways and if it can be designed to be efficient and plausible for massive production then the price would be much much lower. I mean, floppy disks themselves are not simple per se, yet they were sold for peanuts... it's just that technology and pricing do not always get along when it comes to music gear. :)

20. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Oh I got your point... just speaking to that particular pedal. The demos didn't do anything for me for the price tag but i love the innovation. I love innovation at any price.... i mean hell.... i still want this even at the asking price

[​IMG]