T-Rex Feul Tank...

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
Looking at the classic. I dig that it has a 12v AC spot on it that will work with the ONE darned 12v pedal I have. Anyone here using this guy?

I know this is a Cioks House but am looking for input on this unit in particular.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Used one for years and years. Great supply. The only downside is that it's divided into 3 isolated sections - 12v DC - 12v AC - but the 9v outlets are all on the same ground.

Now, I never had a single noise issue, so I don't think it's a big deal, but that's the only thing that people ever site as an "issue". I ended up getting some pedals that needed more juice so I got a Voodoo Lab Mondo, but the Classic Fuel Tank is a great power supply, imo.

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
Used one for years and years. Great supply. The only downside is that it's divided into 3 isolated sections - 12v DC - 12v AC - but the 9v outlets are all on the same ground.

Now, I never had a single noise issue, so I don't think it's a big deal, but that's the only thing that people ever site as an "issue". I ended up getting some pedals that needed more juice so I got a Voodoo Lab Mondo, but the Classic Fuel Tank is a great power supply, imo.
Makes sense. The 8x 9v and the 1x 12v AC would be perfect for me for live use.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Yeah, you should have zero issues. I don't know if you travel, but it's got a 110/220v switch so you can use it anywhere in the world. Built like a tank too.

DaveKS

Chameleon is a better supply to me, all 5 taps isolated, voltage switchable and supplying 300ma, exception being when you switch on 18v tap it goes to 150ma. It's cheaper and more adaptable.

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
Chameleon is a better supply to me, all 5 taps isolated, voltage switchable and supplying 300ma, exception being when you switch on 18v tap it goes to 150ma. It's cheaper and more adaptable.
This would probably require a good bit of daisy chaining, no? I have not done that before so I am unsure of what potential issues that may cause. I don;t use any "large draw" pedals if that helps.

DaveKS

This would probably require a good bit of daisy chaining, no? I have not done that before so I am unsure of what potential issues that may cause. I don;t use any "large draw" pedals if that helps.
Make a list of your pedals current and voltage requirements and also digital pedal that will require a isolated output of their own. Most drive pedal, boost, EQ will be in the 10-50ma range so not impossible that with two 5 daisy chain cables you could power 10 9v pedals off of 2 of those taps, those 2x300ma each give you 100ma more to work with than the classic which is 500ma. And daisy chain cables make for much neater install usually than running a bunch of separate cables. Could be you could use 1-Y and pair of 3 daisy chains off one tap for all your drive pedals, but I don't know what you've got and their individule requirements.

RadackGuitars

Silver Supporting Member
i used one for years. great unit, no problems. I needed the 12VAC for my VanAmps reverb, 2x 18V for my vintage Maxons, as well as the multiple 9V's. At the time it was the only one I could find that did it all.

I'm down to 2 pedals now, so use a OneSpot with a Y-cable.

fahqicehole

I only have experience with the Fuel Tank Jr. and Juicy Lucy, but both have been noise and trouble free for years.

I'm also the type that will leave my pedals plugged in and powered for weeks at a time, if that says anything.

(I also have a VL Pedal Power 2+ that I would give the same glowing review)

I would tend to go with as much isolation as possible, but that's only to avoid any weird circumstances that the future may hold. (new additions/requirements that you didn't have before)

Best of luck!

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks y'all. I think I'm going to start looking for some used. Seen them around $130-$150 shipped.

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
Chameleon is great I use it everyday. That includes using the daisy chain cable that comes with it, and no issues.

Trending Topics