T-rex fuel tank

ramonneke76

hi,

Recently I bought a Trex Fuel Tank classic for my pedalboard. I hook up my Tortenmann ta-100 and after I hook up my Telenordia TA-23 booster the power of the fuel tank goes off?? I thought both pedals are negative centered. Any clues? Should i send the fuel tank back and go for a voodoo lab pp2 plus? I just read that the 9v inputs on the fuel tank are not isolated, all on the same ground so basically a daisy chain.

Last edited:

misa

Silver Supporting Member
Couple of issues:
Tortenmann are essentially Telenordia pedals but with the circuit redesigned from positive to negative ground (although the pin configuration has not been changed). When you daisy chain these two pedals (which you are essentially doing if you're not using isolated outputs), you're causing a short.

The Fuel Tank has the (8) 9V outlets that are interconnected but you can use one of the 12V outlets which are isolated. I would recommend putting the Telenordia pedal on the 12V outlet and the Tortenmann should play nice with most other effects. Other than the TK-23, the Tortenmann website says you can run their pedals at 18V. Last, but perhaps unnecessary, option is to get a power supply where each output is isolated.

Last edited:

ramonneke76

Couple of issues:
Tortenmann are essentially Telenordia pedals but with the circuit redesigned from positive to negative ground (although the pin configuration has not been changed). When you daisy chain these two pedals (which you are essentially doing if you're not using isolated outputs), you're causing a short.

The Fuel Tank has the (8) 9V outlets that are interconnected but you can use one of the 12V outlets which are isolated. I would recommend putting the Telenordia pedal on the 12V outlet and the Tortenmann should play nice with most other effects. Other than the TK-23, the Tortenmann website says you can run their pedals at 18V. Last, but perhaps unnecessary, option is to get a power supply where each output is isolated.
Yes, this is it. I put the Telenordia on the 12V outlet and everything runs nice. Thanks.