T-rex Replica in parallel loop anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Iliaspap, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Iliaspap

Iliaspap Member

Hello people,

I am really curious if the t-rex replica has phase issues in parallel loop since it hasn't killdry switch and also hasn't 100% wet.

I have a custom stereo x-blender parallel looper which works perferct with my old DD-2 with dummy plug in 2nd output for killdry.

I am really interesting for the replica for more vintage sound but I don't want in any way to put my siganl in ad/da converters. I prefer to have it in the x-blender. Does it work?

Asked T-rex if I could mod it for killdry and told me that it's doable but they do not suggest any mods :p

2. Iliaspap

Iliaspap Member

3. Purplexi

Purplexi Member

Are you running your loop between two amps? If not I can only tell you how great this delay sounded in a band I played with, and every clip I've heard. Get a used one off the Emporuim or ebay. Sell if need.

4. Iliaspap

Iliaspap Member

Thanks for your offer but I am from Europe and I prefer buying gear from here.

I am running my pedalboard in one amp for now, but I am looking for a vintage hiwatt to use as main amp and use my current amp for driving revover spleakers. ;)

Any idea how the T-rex replica behaves in a parallel loop without killdry or 100% wet? I am afraid that it will have phase issues. And its crucial for my to place it in my x-blender custom. If it doesn't work, I will go for a timefactor which has killdry ;) But it's a pitty that great delay to not have either killdry switch or 100% wet.

5. dynamiten

dynamiten Member

I run my Replica in the parallel loop of my Diezel Einstein. No phase issues in that combo. I think that the Replica is near 100 % wet anyway.

6. Iliaspap

Iliaspap Member

Hmm, that makes sense. Thank you.

I don't know what will happen if you set input lvl at -10db and echo lvl and output lvl at full. Maybe that way it would be near 100% wet.