T-Rex Room Mate Reverb?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jm4, Feb 29, 2008.

1. jm4

jm4 Member

Can anyone who has experience with this pedal comment on it?

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I played one through the loop of a Egnater Seminar JTM45 amp and can report that it sounded very good. Though I didn't get a chance to thoroughly run it through all of it's settings, the few I tried were very much like a real spring reverb.

TheGrooveking

3. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

total junk imo. I even prefered the EHX holy grail over it. Save your cash.

4. benderman57

benderman57 Member

I have one, Had a EHX and although it's not bad for the money it has a real fake sounding tail on the ends of notes and is noisy too boot. I do think the T-rex is head and shoulders above the sound of the Grail and it's very tweakable and dead quiet. That being said I really don't think they are worth the dough.

Another one that I own and think is really the Best most amp like sounding verb is the Tech 21 RVB Boost. It works really well as the last pedal as well as in a loop. The T-Rex is very nice but for my money the Tech 21 is a killer sounding verb with all the bells and whistles!

5. cgrav

cgrav Member

I like mine. I just use one setting (2nd), but with that I have the reverb that I wanted. It reminds me of the verb on my old 65' Deluxe, and now I have it with any amp. I have had several EH Holy Grails, it seems that they changed at some point. I liked the early one I had (the only external difference I noticed was that the knob was slightly dome shaped), I'm not a fan of the newer ones. I have a Fender reverb tank, but it's a pain to travel with. I used the reverb on the H&K Replex for a while, but it wasn't that great.

I also use the stereo out as an amp splitter and took the Radial off my board, saving some room.

Mine does seem to have a little hiss sometimes, but that could be due to any number of factors... TSA (which i now believe stands for Tearing my Stuff Apart), the 11 pedals before it, my bad wiring, I'm plugged in to the same circuit as the moving lights, someone playing a joke on me, etc... Hope that this helps.

6. marmelade sky

marmelade sky Member

I tried it ,
    sounds warm thanks to the valve but lacks a spring preset.

7. paulscape

paulscape Member

Nice warm reverb, great for cleans but i find it sucks a bit of tone on gain settings.

8. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

I sold the Holier Grail (cold as metal!) and I'm now happy with Room Mate...

9. konstantine

konstantine Member

I really LOVE mine on clean settings, very warm and "natural" reverb..

I too think that it doent match as nicely with OD sounds, but maybe its just me because I typicaly dont like reverbed overdriven sounds and I didnt try to tweak it to sound good with them..