T REX ROOM MATE vs. DR.SCIENTIST RADICAL RED REVERBERATOR

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by spiritofeden, Feb 15, 2008.

1. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

I have a ROOM MATE and I'm really satisfied. Unfortunately reading these pages seems to be perfect to change your mind about everything that's at our feet! So, simple as that, who's best and more natural sounding?

2. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

If you like it, why buy a different one? I wish I could grab the roommate that's n the emporium, but I am going to save for a smaller fender w/ reverb instead.

3. rreiser

rreiser Supporting Member

Both good pedals. I prefer the Dr Scientest for sound and because its true bypass. I have a buffer that I prefer and would rather not have another buffered pedal on the board.

4. tzamosti

tzamosti Silver Supporting Member

Had both at one time. Ended up with the Van Amps Solemate. But between those two, both are good, just different. I'd say RRR excels at more obvious spacey reverb where Roommate is a little darker, warmer, more unobtrusive. Proabably liked the RRR better, but Solemate is basically a better Roommate.

5. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

Is it ecause we never appreciate the things we have untill we loose'em?:bkw

6. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

Wait a moment, I sold an arm to buy the Room Mate and it's not true bypass? Please somone tell me it's not true!

7. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

I just plugged my Room Mate without plugging the power and I could still hear my guitar coming from the amp...

8. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

True bypass is overrated, relax and enjoy your Room Mate.

9. hbentley

hbentley Member

You got it brother. I had the RRR, sold it to get the Nova Reverb, and then realized i missed the RRR and bought another. If you're happy with what you have, I wouldn't mess with other things. You do it too much, and you'll never end up satisfied.