• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

T-REX Soulmate

shigihara

Downloaded the manual... and it really looks interesting.
We'll have to wait to see/hear it in action and at which price they'll be selling it.

dealmaker

Looks like a really interesting one box/light pedalboard option for small gigs....

....wonder what it will cost??

cubistguitar

I think tech 21 is gonna squash this with their cool looking product, the flyrig 5. The T-rex stuff looks cool, but I bet the tech 21 is cheaper, smaller, smarter. But I do want the companies to try to innovate and make things smaller, smarter , simpler to use, but I think Tech 21 has accomplished that a little better here. This video is kinda crashy but try it anyway, they may get it fixed any minute.

Mr. Limbic

my question is how is this different than the Magnus they released awhile back? That thing is like 400 bucks or something and this looks the exact same layout for 300 more?

mcnabbanov

definitely will be expensive. that being said it looks like a high quality product and from the experience i've had with Trex they make some great sounding stuff

Noah

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone pick this up yet? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but bummed no compressor because I play country. I wonder if a comp in the loop would work?

bobbyatomic

I can't imagine anyone really wanting one of these, it's a good idea on paper, but in reality if you look through the Show your pedalboard threads I don't recall seeing anyone with an all T-Rex pedalboard, which this essentially is, so you'd basically be paying premium for a few pedals you didn't really want all stuck together in one enclosure.

Noah

Silver Supporting Member
Well it would probably be ok for me since I don't use many pedals anyway .
I basically use a tuner, compressor and an overdrive.
I'm the lead singer in my group and really hate pedals in front of me so I thought it would be easy to have one unit.
We gig like every weekend so the less stuff I use the better. I see your point though.

young_grandma

I think it's rad. I have a moller and it's fantastic. If you count the tuner and the boost it actually can replace 6 pedals

Too expensive, though.

bottom crawler

Out of all the strip multieffects, this one seems best to me, design-wise. It's bigger than those from tech 21(which are really small), but it has plenty of switches, even one for looper. Also it seems really sturdy. It's sad that to see these big projects not catching on as expected. Replicator seemed like a great idea as well, one colleague was planning to snag it for a few months.. i wish all the best to the folks from T-Rex.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom