• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tab Benoit, where to start???

dumbell78

Buddy asked me which album is essenital or a good place to start. I really couldnt say what is his "it" CD, I only have a couple of his CD's.

What do you guys think is a must have from his catalog?

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
Buddy asked me which album is essenital or a good place to start. I really couldnt say what is his "it" CD, I only have a couple of his CD's.

What do you guys think is a must have from his catalog?
Wow...just one ?...My favorite is "Sea Saint Sessions"...stripped down, mostly a live recording in the Sea Saint studio. Great tones and plenty of typical cajun blues delivered with energy, grooves and Tab's killer voice (oh yeah...great thinline into Super Reverb tones). I also like "Power of the Pontchartrain" is really well done, great songs and a pleasant "open" production. I have about half of Tab's library, those are my favorites so far..

My favorite current blues guitarist, Tab is just amazing live too.

Tone Disciple

Nice and Warm is what put him on the map and the second CD is great as well - Standing on the Brink.

Last edited:

Cue Dog

My vote would be "Fever for the Bayou" and "Wetlands," although you can't go wrong with any of Tab's stuff!

jpastras

Silver Supporting Member
His best disc is "Wetlands", followed by his breakout, "Nice and Warm". These two get it all done. The other records are good, but these two really make the case.
Every record of his I've ever heard is basically recorded live.

bluesking89

Silver Supporting Member
"What I Live For" is his second CD - "Standing on the Bank" is his third.

Really, the "one CD" to get an idea of Tab's recorded works is.............any of them, depending on what you're looking for.

His first 3-4 CDs were pretty strict in terms of an "all blues" perspective - they are excellent (I say some of the best ever) straight blues albums you could find.

His Cajun influence starting coming to the forefront in the later 90s and that style has been a common theme in nearly all since then.

He always does blues, but now he does them with a much stronger Cajun/Zydeco style.

You really can't go wrong with any of them. I would suggest attempting to see him live - that's where you'll get the best sense of where he's coming from.

Trending Topics