• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Tablet for lead sheets

pattste

I'm thinking of buying a tablet specifically for lead sheets. Anyone here doing this? Is there any point in buying an Apple iPad or would a much cheaper Android tablet work just as well for this purpose? What display size have you found to work well? The files would be PDFs unless I find an app that's really compelling. Any advice appreciated.

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
Any tablet would work. Just store your sheets in Google Docs and save them as “available off-line” in your device. For reference, I use an Apple iPad Pro but I use it for work too.

FFOGG

Fat Frustated Old Guy w/ Gut
Platinum Supporting Member
I use an Apple iPad Pro 12.9

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
I have an Amazon Fire (Android) and I like it. I use Setlist Helper for all of my music needs/notes. It can be setup to display pdf files (that's how I do it). You can also easily change the settings to "dark" and display the files in reverse (black background, white type). Saves some battery and it's easier to read on many stages (for me).

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
I have an Amazon Fire (Android) and I like it. I use Setlist Helper for all of my music needs/notes. It can be setup to display pdf files (that's how I do it). You can also easily change the settings to "dark" and display the files in reverse (black background, white type). Saves some battery and it's easier to read on many stages (for me).
Would the Kindle work? That would be cool as it’s sunlight readable.

guitarno

Gold Supporting Member
I don't have any experience with android tablets but bigger is better for me. I also use an Apple iPad Pro 12.9". I got last year's refurbished model on an Amazon sale so it wasn't quite as big a hit on the wallet. Works really well for me so far.

Trending Topics