TAG Cobra or Classic T

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by daacrusher2001, Mar 5, 2015.

1. daacrusher2001

daacrusher2001 Silver Supporting Member

So, I made the mistake of playing some TAG guitars yesterday (as well as Suhr, K-Line, and LSL) - when I was supposed to be working :aok

I have been looking for a tele for awhile. Narrowed it down now...I really like the feel and playbility of the Anderson T's. It's really between Anderson and K-Line, and they really are different when A/B'd (topic for another thread)

But, I tried a Cobra while I was at it and was really impressed. Just wondering, for those who have both or have had both, which do you like better and why?

Cobra seems pretty versatile, but I like the single coils in the T, especially the TF's.

2. guitararmy

guitararmy Member

I have a Cobra and a Hollow T, both with humbuckers. So neither is very Tele-like. Nevertheless, because of the shorter scale length on the Cobra and the hog neck, it's more Gibson and less Fender.

3. cnardone

cnardone Supporting Member

I can't comment on the T, but the cobra I played (a log time ago), was one of the smoothest playing guitars I've ever picked up. I loved it. Having said that, if you want a tele, a cobra is not on the short list. It may be good enough to make you forget wanting a tele.

cmn

4. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

I used to frequent Eddie's in St. Louis, and they've carry TAG for more than a decade. There were 2-3 x's I almost walked out with a Cobra T. Really nice guitars.

5. daacrusher2001

daacrusher2001 Silver Supporting Member

The cobra was really nice, I have to say. I guess I should stick with the tele style. I'll probably still want a cobra tho'

The thing about the TAG T style was the amazingly smooth playability. The tones were good although the K-Line had a more vintage Tele sound - Lollar Pickups.

The other brands I tried were great, but there was something about the Anderson Classic T. I can see why some guys only want TAG guitars.