Tag's DUMBLE/FORD challenge Thread..Why did you go there?

Why did you contribute to 30,000 plus views to this thread?

• Because I care about Robben Ford's tone.

• Because I wanted to see the mess Tag would create.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappy

Actually, I avoided it for some time ---even after the "ban builders?" thread. But then I wanted to hear some of the clips, many of which are just outstanding.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Gold Supporting Member
I didn't. I'm not interested in finding Dumbleland.

Tag

Gold Supporting Member
Oh stop this nonsense. Every single person who wants Fords tone and dislikes my posting is going to vote for "Tags mess". Give it up. The first builder to nail Ford is going make big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
The Ford obsession on the internet goes back to at LEAST the very first TwoRock Forum. Its all OVER the place!

Then again, maybe this will divert some attention away from the fact that no one has built an amp that can get his tones yet. ;)

(Also should move this thread to the pub)

prsflame

I'm not a big Ford fan, but I am a fan of the Dumbe tone, and "Dumble inspired" amps, such as Two-Rock. I thought that many of the clips posted were great.

Dave Orban

Oh stop this nonsense. Every single person who wants Fords tone and dislikes my posting is going to vote for "Tags mess". Give it up. The first builder to nail Ford is going make big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
The Ford obsession on the internet goes back to at LEAST the very first TwoRock Forum. Its all OVER the place!

Then again, maybe this will divert some attention away from the fact that no one has built an amp that can get his tones yet. ;)

Which ones...? Ford's tone has changed DRAMATICALLY over the last 10-15 years that I've been following him. And, I'm one of those who believe that his TOUCH (which has also changed over that period) also affects his tone greatly.

It's a moving target. I'm pretty sure that most of his amp tones have already been nailed. The missing ingredient is just (still) his touch. ;)

Ed DeGenaro

Supporting Member
This is one of the sillier things I've come across.
But to answer your question...regardless whether I agree with Tag or not his threads are the ones I find more interesting.

Bryan T

guitar owner
Silver Supporting Member
I looked at how many posts each poster has in that thread. From glancing over the thread, it looked like everyone kept making their same points again and again. A lot of persistence with some of those folks!

Bryan

Tonefish

Don't take it personaly Tag. I think you are a great player and a very interesting person (I'd like to party with that dude someday).:dude

This poll is more about the sociology of it all. Between the "safeness" of the internet, the personalities you see through posts, the interaction between people and what motivates them is really interesting. Just as there are so many variables that went into the Politician and your interest in it, this post in itself will probably effect the outcome of this poll.

Tonefish

It's a moving target. I'm pretty sure that most of his amp tones have already been nailed. The missing ingredient is just (still) his touch. ;)
touch and soooooo many other variables. Plus, you never know, it could be shape of Tag's head and his cochlea that make him hear things in a way that no-one else does. Sooooo many variables.

Tonefish

Actually, I avoided it for some time ---even after the "ban builders?" thread. But then I wanted to hear some of the clips, many of which are just outstanding.
I agree that there were lots of great clips...and I think there would have been even more if it wasn't setup to be such a circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics