Tags Journo funk backing try.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Tag, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

After listening to Richard Bs take, its hard to post this, but it was fun! Thanks for the cool funky backing!

First time I picked up my Buscarino in a while, and it played beautifully! He really does make nice guitars. The neck is a bit wide for me (1\34 at nut), but it plays so nice, its not a bad adjustment.

Top clip here.

http://www.soundclick.com/artist/6/tag101_music.htm

2. journo

journo Member

Hi Tag,

I really can't believe the number of takes I've heard over this BT. All of them contribute to the tune in some way.

You clean sound and bobby phrasing is a treat.
    Thanks for posting!

Cheers,

Mats N
    (a.k.a. Journo)

3. L5player

L5player Member

Great take Tag! I really liked all those outside lines and the phrasing was very smooth! :)

Very cool.

Jim

4. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

Yeah! agree with Jim, great tone, your lines remind a bit of Pat Martino...(like at 00:56~1:03 ) such a elegant personal touch!, I can see a nice balance between "in" and outside content with a great blues sense ( 00:46), among others very good phrases I like specially that at 1:06~1:09, 2:16~2:19, 2:38~end , ..taste yumm !! , ah your timing sense is natural and fluent. Definitely a great take Tag. :dude :dude

Carlos

PS. I just note a bit of distortion at loud peaks on guitar, maybe a little overload at recording level..nothing serious to fix I think

http://www.carlosarellano.com/music

5. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Hey Matt, Jim and Carlos, thanks for listening and Im really glad you liked some of it.

That would be a cool one to play with a live band and a grooving bass and drummer.

Carlos, thanks for giving it a close listen! Any criticism is welcome too. I need HELP! Lol! I am trying to get to the level of yourself, Scott L, Richard, Ivers, L5 jazzer etc etc etc. So many excellent jazz players on here now. Anything you (or anyone) can hear that would help me improve is GREATLY appreciated! I am worjking on my timing really hard. Listening to Wes over and over has been a bigger improvement that 2 months with the metronome! DAMN does he have time feel!

You hit the nail on the head with the digital clipping. I get it with all of my recordings and I cant figure out the problem. Ill try lowering the gain even more next time.