Takamine EAN40c - has anyone else realized how good they are?

seratone

I managed to pick up an EAN40C on Ebay from a Pawn shop in Florida this spring for $300!

This Little EAN40c has some massive pick damage (soft cedar top and no pick guard) but that just gave it a little more Mojo and it didn't bother me at all. I'm amazed how good this little guitar is...I can't put it down. I have a Gibson J-45 and J-180, as well as a Guild D45M - this little EAN became my number one.

Another came up locally for $700 - I managed to gt it for $500 - in pristine condition. I keep this one in open D and the scuffed up one in E standard. They both have CT4BII pre-amps.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has discovered these little Gems

lamenlovinit

Yeah. I actually really like the NEX body shape. I had a '92 special edition, which was cedar (no pickguard) over koa that I enjoyed for almost 10 years. If it didn't have a barn door, I'd probably still own it.

Rayzaa

I managed to pick up an EAN40C on Ebay from a Pawn shop in Florida this spring for $300!

This Little EAN40c has some massive pick damage (soft cedar top and no pick guard) but that just gave it a little more Mojo and it didn't bother me at all. I'm amazed how good this little guitar is...I can't put it down. I have a Gibson J-45 and J-180, as well as a Guild D45M - this little EAN became my number one.

Another came up locally for $700 - I managed to gt it for $500 - in pristine condition. I keep this one in open D and the scuffed up one in E standard. They both have CT4BII pre-amps.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has discovered these little Gems
I dont have that model but i do have a 2006 LTD Edition that i too got at a pawn shop. It had a crack in the spruce top below the bridge/saddle and another small one starting between the neck and tone hole and they were asking $950. It sat in there for a while and i ended up getting it for $400 (new they were around $1800).

They also threw in a hardshell case. The case was for a Gretch so i ended up selling it for $100 and buying the correct case for $69. I sent it to my Nephew who at the time worked for Taylor Guitars in San Diego and he fixed the cracks for me for nothing (of course i had to pay to ship it there and back...i live in Vegas). Great guitar and i love it. Its the only Takamine ive ever had and it is absolutely fun to play.

Last edited:

seratone

I know Tak's aren't Gibson's, Guild's, Martin's or Taylor's which have very little depreciation after they've been driven off the lot. (especially here in Canada). The owner of the 12th Fret (respected Toronto Guitar Store) told me they only retain 25% of their purchase price, but I really like them - don't know what it is - love the logo love the head stock (perhaps it's because I've been listening to Springsteen since I was a kid). I also used to gig quite a bit on crowded stages - who wants to gig with a $2500 guitar?

Last week I got a Steve Warnier SW341SC - I wanted a Dread that played with the precision of a Taylor - I drove 60 KM to pick it up, He was asking $500 but it had a top crack, I suppose I could have haggled, but when you're in a man's house.... and I rarely saw them going for that price used, I picked it up. It's a completely different beast that my Little NEX EAN40c's...Now, how to fix a top crack on a black guitar?

markd2522

My first decent acoustic was a Takamine N-20. Great guitar, jumbo body. I also owned a EAN-40 and it too was very nice.

Trending Topics