Taking a break from learning, who’s got some cool fast blues/rock licks?

BMX

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve been working on triads a lot lately and want to take a break. Looking to just memorize some stock licks in the Audley Freed, Warren Haynes style. Fast, muscle memory type stuff to incorporate into my actual playing. I’ve never really spent much time just learning licks so thought it would be a nice change of pace.

Hoping some people have some YouTube clips they can share?

DGA

I’ve been working on triads a lot lately and want to take a break. Looking to just memorize some stock licks in the Audley Freed, Warren Haynes style. Fast, muscle memory type stuff to incorporate into my actual playing. I’ve never really spent much time just learning licks so thought it would be a nice change of pace.

Hoping some people have some YouTube clips they can share?
What have you been using for triads? I've been working through the first Chris Buono course, but got stuck on level 3 at 60 bpm. He has you playing triads above the 12th fret on that level, and it took me some time to get my grips down in that cramped area. There's also more mental concentration required on that level.

Thankfully, I've worked through my issues, things are picking up again, and I can see the finish line. I already have his triad arpeggio and chord scale courses that I'm going to do after triad workouts.

Isn't it nice to go learn those stock licks and recognize all the triads in them?

BMX

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, you and I are probably working on similar stuff. I just went online and found an online lesson with major and minor triads and have been memorizing them. Now I‘m just using a looper pedal to create simple progressions with different chords (gmaj, cmaj, gmaj, dmaj, etc) and then playing along. Trying to get everything to become second nature, trying to find different extensions for each triad, mapping the triad to the arpeggio and major/minor scale etc.

Pretty basic stuff for many but it’s been something I had never learned so it’s been fun to work on. Really connects a lot of dots. I wish that this had been told to me when I was first starting. Pentatonic boxes or scales never really worked well for me- playing through the chords using triads makes so much more sense.

What have you been using for triads? I've been working through the first Chris Buono course, but got stuck on level 3 at 60 bpm. He has you playing triads above the 12th fret on that level, and it took me some time to get my grips down in that cramped area. There's also more mental concentration required on that level.

Thankfully, I've worked through my issues, things are picking up again, and I can see the finish line. I already have his triad arpeggio and chord scale courses that I'm going to do after triad workouts.

Isn't it nice to go learn those stock licks and recognize all the triads in them?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom