• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Taking guitar lessons...advice needed???

Clifford-D

I've been taking lessons with a guitar instructor online (via Skype) for two weeks now...not long, I know. :) Unfortunately, online lessons are all I can afford at the moment. The instructor doesn't encourage questions in anyway. Something I am definitely not used to having been through a fair amount of regular school myself. When I try and ask the instructor a question pertaining to what he is teaching, the instructor will answer the question, but, I get the feeling he's a bit 'irked' that I am interrupting him...his teaching me, that is. Any advice?

Give it more time, I presume?

Thanks.
Ask me anything and if I give you good advice, its free.

What do you not understand?

gilbertog

Here is the thing... NOBODY CAN TEACH YOU ANYTHING!
It's a bit harsh, I know. But really think about it. There are people who you can use as your guide, but you do the hard thing yourself.
And you should choose the best possible guide that's available for you, will this be book, a course, a personal teacher or whatever.
But if you don't like something about your chosen guide, than move on to another, than another, until you realize that you don't really need anybody to master guitar ;)

gearmeup

Drop that bastard like a bad habit, lessons are supposed to be engaging a back and forth rodeo of love.

psklaroff

Sounds like there isn't a good fit there and speaking as someone who does a lot of Skype guitar teaching, I'd be cautious about continuing if you are feeling in anyway uncomfortable in the lessons. Personally I love answering student questions and when I've been studying myself, I've always asked a LOT of questions. Any good teacher should encourage questions IMHO. Hope things work out for you anyway. Cheers, Pete

Trending Topics

Top Bottom