• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Talented young guitarist

elkym

Seems like most of these guys are trying to sound like satriani or vai... which are cool in their own respect... but not really my thing.

JRenn

Silver Supporting Member
Unbelievable playing. I'm not a shred guy by any means, but that kid is tearing it up with unbelievable intensity.

Listened to both of those clips, and IMHO, I don't think their phrasing or ideas are anywhere near as mature as the first guy's post. They are certainly less busy, but I think many people forget that there is such a thing as MUSICAL shredding. I really think the first guy's got it, IMO. To each his own, though.

Seems like most of these guys are trying to sound like satriani or vai... which are cool in their own respect... but not really my thing.
I don't think Gottardo sounds like either, he's got his own thing. He made it to the finals last year, and I hope he can go all the way to the top this time.

I like new guitarists who don't sound like every other guy out there, which is why I like Gottardo.

notnac

I got his CD last night and it is awesome. A lot of different styles on there...all of them very well done. It's under $10 ON Amazon... a steal.

Trending Topics