Talented young guitarist

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Yngtchie Blacksteen, Feb 26, 2009.

1. elkym

elkym Member

2. elkym

elkym Member

Seems like most of these guys are trying to sound like satriani or vai... which are cool in their own respect... but not really my thing.

3. plexistack

plexistack Member

4. JRenn

JRenn Supporting Member

Unbelievable playing. I'm not a shred guy by any means, but that kid is tearing it up with unbelievable intensity.

Listened to both of those clips, and IMHO, I don't think their phrasing or ideas are anywhere near as mature as the first guy's post. They are certainly less busy, but I think many people forget that there is such a thing as MUSICAL shredding. I really think the first guy's got it, IMO. To each his own, though.

5. Yngtchie Blacksteen

Yngtchie Blacksteen Member

I don't think Gottardo sounds like either, he's got his own thing. He made it to the finals last year, and I hope he can go all the way to the top this time.

I like new guitarists who don't sound like every other guy out there, which is why I like Gottardo.

6. dets1

dets1 Member

the kid can play! a lot of musicality pumping thru his fingers. awesome.

7. notnac

notnac Senior Member

I got his CD last night and it is awesome. A lot of different styles on there...all of them very well done. It's under $10 ON Amazon... a steal.