• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Tales of Pedal builders (Fiction) - Paul Reed Smith's first Fuzz box

RouseTheBoroughs

Silver Supporting Member
As a fairly new employee at PRS, we're encouraged to spend our days at the office knocking on anything we can get our hands on. Some may find this a strange way to get paid, especially in an open door environment, but Paul looks for quality and resonance in all things.

This is a habit that transfers itself to other depts, for example, I work in IT which means that we've seen Paul actually come in and knock on our servers to check for melody and resonance before settling on DELL servers. Same goes for the phones and the pencils we use.

At an intern lunch in 2010, I was told he was tapping styrofoam plates and cups together shushing everybody in the process. The room went quiet while Paul put a sequence of plates to his ears and picked two to take to the 'Vault' after 15 minutes.

Recently, as we were taking apart an old Phone switching system, we hear the distinctive clop of Paul's clogs (Kokobo from the vault if you must know, a size 7). In comes Paul looking at the disassembly process as his head whirls around the room looking for things to knock on.

' HAAAAY GUYS' he says in his typicially hyper Marylandish drawl. 'I SPENT ALL MORNING KNOCKING TRANSISTORS TOGETHER AND I THINK IT'S TAM FOR PRS TO BUILD IT'S FIRST FUZZ BOX, WADYA THINK'BOUT THAT ?'
So what'da ya guys think ? Should I go on ?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom