Talk me into a Lunar Module

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by afterosmosis, Feb 15, 2012.

1. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

I'm thinking about adding a fuzz to my board, and clips of the Lunar Module have impressed me quite a bit. My live playing is split between a large church setting and a pop/alternative band, and I do a fair amount of recording in a studio.

I run strat/tele/Singlecut into a Fender Bandmaster, and currently have a Katana and Fulldrive 2 on the board for boost and dirt. I'm looking for a fuzz to give me some thick lead sounds (insert typical EJ comparison) as well as some grunt for rhythm work. Is the LM a good fit for what I'm describing? What should I expect it to do that my other pedals can't?

2. jnichols2727

jnichols2727 Member

Just get one! You won't regret it. It's incredibly versatile and cleans up beautifully. If you get one and don't like it, you can always list it on the emporium and not really take a hit. Once piece of advice, make sure to get the deluxe.

3. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

4. dysorexia

dysorexia Senior Member

Only fuzz pedal I've really liked. I tried a lot of the Skreddy Muffs and the only one that stuck with me was the Lunar Module. Great fuzz face!

5. MrSoGood

MrSoGood Member

It's really good. Sounds good for the Gilmour tones that it is touted to cop, but I really liked it as a low gainer as well. Had one on my board for a long time, just sold it to try out a Honey Beest. But I miss having fuzz on my board, so I'm going to have to get another fuzz of some sort before it's all said and done. Spring for the 5-knobber.

6. rico1204

rico1204 Member

I am surprised by how versatile this pedal can be. From fuzz face to mid OD tones all with the volume knob.

7. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

If you don't get one now, later when you try one, you will be filled with regret. Save yourself the grief and jump.

8. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

I pulled the trigger on guitarslinger's :p, can't wait to give it a shot.

9. J.T.

J.T. Supporting Member

I cover a lot of ground with the LM and it has beaten many pedals off the board. Waiting for a mini-bone to pair with it and i think i'm set

10. DT7

DT7 Member

Sounds great with a Strat. The volume knob on the guitar is your friend with this pedal.

11. justonwo

justonwo Member

I actually prefer the sound of the BC108 Sunface, if it matters.

12. johnny5

johnny5 Supporting Member

The Lunar module is awesome. It's very versatile and sounds good pretty much at every setting. It is not a GE fuzz face, so you need one of those, too...

13. PerFusionist

PerFusionist Supporting Member

14. Zero G

Zero G Member

:agree Grab one in the emporium and you won't lose anything if you flip it.

15. powermatt99

powermatt99 Member

I've found quite a bit of use for fuzz at church. My Box of War plus Superdelay make some pretty cool ambient cello tones.

16. corbs

corbs Supporting Member

I can't imagine it not being a good fit; it sounds perfect for what you are looking for. You should expect it to provide awesome Skreddy Lunar Module fuzz ACTION, yo !!! :bonk

17. SG_Seth

SG_Seth Member

Or save $50 and a wait period and get a used 3 knobber. It has trim pots on the outside so you don't lose anything except the ability to tweak on the fly.

18. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Supporting Member

Look at member Kit Rae's Muff Site. He has a lot of LM info, pics inside and out, quality clips of all gain settings and a video or two. I check it out once a week while I wait on Marc to build and ship my LMMD. Given the clips and reviews this pedal harbors no disappointment except the wait time.

19. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

Thanks for the tip!

20. Plexi Memory

Plexi Memory Member

I waited 3 months for one and couldn't have been more pleased. Very much worth the wait if you decide to order one new. Best dirt pedal I own. It can give you some very thick sounds with a stratocaster, which is what I mostly use. Cleans up very well with the volume knob turned down as well.